I need surgery

Gallbladder.

The only surgery I ever had was tonsils, when 6.
Which I don’t remember.

Surgical eval on Thursday.

Here’s hoping they can do it laproscopically.

You will feel SO mucho better once you recover. Best of luck.

Good luck. You’ll get the good pain meds. Take it easy and check back in when you can.

That’ll fix you up, Bosda. Get well soon!

So glad there’s a solution. I’ve known at least three people who have had this surgery. Piece of cake (as it were).

Well, crap. I’m sorry to hear you have to have surgery, but I hope it will fix the problem and you’ll be feeling much better very soon.

I had it laproscopically a few years ago and it was no big deal. I was up feeding horses the next day.

Good luck! I felt so much better afterwards, and I hope you do, too.

StG

Are you still mad that the hospital couldn’t cure you? :smiley:

Best of luck; I’m sure it will go off without a hitch.

I had it done laproscopically a few years ago. It was a piece of cake. I was in before noon and drinking a beer with my dad by 5:00pm.

Unfortunately, a week later, the clamps they put in me failed and I started leaking bile into my abdominal cavity which saw me rushed to the hospital and then miss a week of work while they figured out what they fucked up … but try not to think about that.

My mother-in-law is 85 and had this same surgery (laproscopically) a few weeks ago. No problems at all, and she felt a lot better! You will too.

If it makes you feel any better, you won’t remember this surgery either! General anesthesia is a good thing.

The gall of some doctors.

Seriously, this has gone from a major, on your back for weeks, slow recovery operation to something far quicker with faster recovery due to the laparascopic technique. Good luck to you, and here’s to feeling better once gall is divided.

My bold.

…into three parts.

It’s amazing how fast you get over it. I had double hernia surgery a few years ago, I was sent home the next morning, and never really felt any pain or even discomfort. Took no pain pills at all., For most household activities, I was quite able on the first day, just needed to be patient and deliberate with my movements.

So this cake people keep talking about. Does the cake go in or does the cake come out?

I had this done a few years ago, no big deal! Missed 3 days of work to heal, only problem was the damn itching during healing.

I had it done. and mine had to come out the old fashioned way… and It was still worth it…
One word of caution, post op, stuff that helps you “go” is your friend.

Is gallbladder surgery the same as gallstone surgery? Or do they both refer to the same surgery of removing the gallbladder?

IANAD

From what I understand when a family member went through this it is *possible *to just go in and suck out gallstones and stitch you back up. But it is more common to remove the gallbladder altogether under the assumption that whatever caused the gallstones in the first place will occur again putting you right back to your starting point if you just remove the stones.

That’s the word I got, along with assurances that I didn’t really need my gallbladder anyway; that’s debatable. I did notice that digestion of fatty foods was worse afterward. I don’t eat too much by way of red meat these days, but I have in the past (post surgery) and it was always a gastronomical adventure.