I peed in my pants.

I know. I got posts everywhere!

Don’t panic yet, I actually know quite a few people who have this problem after drinking diet soda, including me. It is most likely the aspartame though Splenda seems to cause worse problems. Anecdotal evidence I know but if I only pee my pants if I drink diet soda and when I stop drinking diet soda it never happens then I don’t worry.

Splenda is so bad that I don’t even feel like I have to pee, then all of a sudden I am peeing and I can’t stop.

No shit. Frank blood dribbling from your dong will give you a heart attack. Worse is not realizing you’ve done that (minor, does heal) damage and getting up from the pot to see blood swirling around your dumpage.

Q. Why is urine yellow and sperm white?

A. So men can tell if they are coming or going.

Is anyone else afflicted with the urge to sort of sing the subject line in a dippy, SpongeBob manner?

When I was a youngster, my friend convinced his brother that it was phisically impossible to intentionally piss one’s pants. He then bet his brother that he (brother) could not do it if he tried. As it turned out, he could.

Psssst, simster, “Mathematics” is actually a made-up name. It’s still a secret.

FWIW I peed my pants twice in a couple days a year and a half ago, when I was in the hospital a while. I had been on a catheter for several days, and after they took it out I didn’t have nearly the control I used to. I’d start to feel like I had to go, and then I would actually go, whether I wanted to or not. I had something like 15 seconds to get to the bathroom. Given the hassle of dealing with an IV pole and a couple of other issues, it just didn’t go my way. And it STILL feels alarmingly urgent to this day, though no more surprises.

Were you engrossed in some activity? Waited until you quite literally couldn’t wait any more, then when you got to the bathroom, your brain told your bladder “we’re here!” and let go?

That’s a variation of “key in the lock” syndrome. A couple of times I got all caught up in a book and had to pee, and I told myself to hold on until the end of the chapter. The urge subsided, so I kept reading. 45 minutes later, I couldn’t ignore the urge anymore and I’d be fine walking to the bathroom; but the second I would spot the toilet, it was a sprint to the toilet while fumbling with clothing at the same time because it felt as if an internal faucet was turned on and I had lost control.

If you are wetting yourself with no warning or having trouble holding it for a normal length of time, I would see a doctor.

If you are ignoring signs of having to pee and then being troubled because your brain and overtaxed bladder is responding to it’s ok to go now stimulus, stop waiting until the last possible second and see if that solves the problem.

Yet another problem anecdotally blamed on artificial sweeteners. How in the world could Splenda make you urinate endlessly? Unless you’ve also consumed a large amount of liquid sweetened with Splenda…?

This cite lists artificial sweeteners as causes for bladder irritation, which can increase teh urge to go and cause incontinence:

From this site: Impact of Behaviour and Lifestyle on Bladder Health

There are other studies as well.

Just don’t have a drink with Splenda in it while you’re eating chips with Olestra in them. The results could be explosive.

Thanks. But I still don’t understand how bladder irritation could result in ‘endless urination’ without the necessary consumption of liquid. What is being peed out?

I can speak to the posters experience, but when I have a UTI, my bladder is spasming all the time, and only drips and dribble come out. But if I drink tons, I have the urge to go and limited control, but at least there’s plenty of urine. If I drink caffeine with a UTI (which is another irritant), forget it. I barely make it to the bathroom.

So I can imagine someone drinking a lot, but the sweetener causing the spasms, giving them limited control combined with lots of fluid. I have no clue if that’s what the posters experience is, however.

Judging from previous posts made by Mathematics in other thread(s), I’m pretty sure this particular disaster described by River Hippie isn’t going to happen.

Surprised nobody has brought this up yet - Mathematics might have a touch of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). It can mess with the peeing function, even if it’s a slight infection.

Typically, with a UTI or other condition that irritates the bladder, you can’t empty your bladder in a single urination. Also, unless you are VERY dehydrated, your kidneys are constantly producing urine. At the same time, the bladder becomes more than usually sensitive to distention.

Between the urine retained in the bladder and the constant (if slow) input of urine from the kidneys and the bladder’s heightened sensitivity to being even a bit full, one feels the need to urinate very frequently.

… or else you’ll find you’re an 8.

Sounds like urine danger.

you just couldn’t hold it, could you Sam?

I’m holdin’ it and shakin’ it!