I pit Doc Cathode

You know a Pit thread went flaccid when the recipes start emerging.

OP, maybe you can save it with another imaginary story about your dad.

My dad made a Key Lime Sugar Pie for Ernest Hemingway . . . it was mostly rum.

I’m not sure what’s going on here but I do have a go-to summer pie recipe.

Mix a can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) with 1/2 cup of either lemon or lime juice. You can add a drop or two of food coloring if you want. Fold in a tub of extra creamy Cool Whip. This goes into a graham cracker pie crust. You can buy a premade one of make one from a sleeve of graham crackers crushed into crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and half a stick of melted butter mixed together and pressed into a pie pan. Fancy up the top if you want to and chill for several hours.

If you want to feed a picnic double the recipe and make in in a 13x9 pan.

Game, set, thread to @DocCathode in a clean sweep, burying the mouth breather in his own rhetoric. :trophy:

:joy::joy::joy:

In my defense…

(always a good start to a pit-post)

… I was just about to make a pie (from the recipe on the side of the Key Lime Juice bottle) when I discovered we didn’t have our usual can of sweetened condensed milk. With a birthday potluck hours away, and five other errands to do, I punted.

But thanks for noticing, Spice_Weasel. Come to think of it, a number of my recipes start that way…

@DocCathode said something that irritated me recently so to heck with him. That said, the enemy of my enemy is my friend so, I guess, doc is now my BFF forever!

When come back bring key lime.

Worst pitting ever. I think you need to learn how to read the room, as it were.

For his next act, he’s going to punch himself in the nuts, “just to show us”

You know I was just remembering a certain NSFW nude thread started by the pittee that was the opposite of flaccid. I’m sure all the links are broken now but that was a bold experiment!

This might be the most feeble attempt at a burn that I’ve ever seen.

I still remember that! Sometimes I think I hallucinated it. IIRC there was some weird glitch where everything posted within a narrow time frame was going to be deleted forever, so someone decided to bust out the nudes.

That was a strange time.

I’m going to feel terrible if this becomes a significant derail, but am I right in that you cannot view an OP from a poster you have on ignore? In replies I think I can still click to view a post, but I’ve not found a way to do so for an OP.

Yes, I know I should just have the conviction of my opinions and leave ignored content well enough alone, but sometimes I’m just very curious.

This has been my experience as well, so if there is a workaround that does not involve un-ignoring a poster, I’d be interested in learning it.

I should know better than to read something from a poster I’ve put on the ignore list, but sometimes I can’t help myself, similar to reading the comments in online newspaper articles.

No, this was after that. DC got special mod dispensation to post artistic nudes; unfortunately, this did not start a Board trend.

There was a thread in the Pit where people posted nude pics of themselves because everything we posted was going to be deleted within the next day or so. Doc posted a nude which I remember specifically because he was dressed like a wizard.

I swear to Og.

^I don’t think anyone would have a hard time believing that.

This place is full of weirdos!

Your memory is accurate.

As my mother always said, it takes all kinds! Not something I would do personally but it didn’t hurt anyone.

Leave it to mama. “It takes all kinds” is their nice way of saying “the world is full of weirdos!”