I pit DrDeth

If any sibling of mine posted here, I would a) never acknowledge them and b) be an even bigger dick to them than I am to the rest of you jokers.

I would not join them in their transphobia and misandry, and definitely not defend them when they’re openly mocking trans suicide to an admitted trans suicide attemptee.

By that point, any lingering good feelings I had for the historic monstro were quite toast.

Has he played the “I found some (conveniently offline or dead) authority who disagrees with you, so your actual cites and knowledge are worthless” game yet? I have such fond memories of that from that Göbekli Tepe thread.

Can someone please translate TERF?

(I’ve spent ten minutes scrolling through these 200+ replies but can’t find any clue.)

Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist.

Also known as Feminism-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobe.

Now that’s an interesting visual.

Thank you for that. A much better acronym for describing their effects on what could be a good discussion…

I’m stealing this.

While I do appreciate that we all have experiences in our past that inform or fears and opinions, I thought monstro was over the top when she suggested I deserved to be raped for not having an overwhelming fear of being assaulted by trans people.

Anything to get me to agree with her, I guess.

Hey, you can’t argue with success.

(I mean, Jesus Christ, she really said that?)

Yeah, I’m not going to get over the things that were said in that thread anytime soon. I missed that one, though. Wow.

I dropped out of that thread just in time, apparently.

Yeah, it was during a time when the thread was moving really fast, It was hundreds of posts back by the time I read it so I just let it go.

I stuck around that thread for way too long, and it’s not even a subject that I typically find engaging. I mostly just thought it was a fascinating study in the way fear can warp thought processes.

It certainly was lively.

I’d love to read that thread if someone would link to it

He’s a really good example of why cites shouldn’t display large previews. Big incentive to spam big, flashy textboxes without explaining why they’re relevant.

I disagree with removing functionality just because DrDeth is ‘a’ asshole. That’s how the terrorists win.

Good luck!

This is the scene where the ingenue wanders into the used bookshop and asks about the Necronomicon, and Spice Weasel is the wicked bookseller who cackles under her breath as she hands it over.

Pretty much. Not even I read that entire thread. I wandered in toward the end and then noped outta there.