I Pit Martin Hyde

As I understand, Banquet_Bear is permitted to be angry from the beginning - zero posts are required. So for Martin, it’s after one post? Just trying to follow along at home here.

Not according to the mods, he’s not. Not about this. So if he just has to take whatever minimizing of indigenous genocide people decide to post, M H can put on his bigboy pants and take one post more.

And one post more than “all the posts” is …infinity plus one.

There’s a thread in MPSIMS which has become serviceable for the topic yet he chose to participate in the Pit instead. That speaks volumes to intent.

[Moderating]
If you’ve got a complaint about the board’s moderation, the proper forum is ATMB, not the Pit. Take it up over there, not here.

No warning issued.
[/Moderating]

That’s convenient. I’ll keep in mind that anyone posting in a pit thread, on any topic, where there’s a thread in another forum that they could post in - or where a thread could be opened in another forum for them to post in - is fair game to arbitrarily assign whatever motive to that I want.

Now you’re just being disingenuous. His third post on the subject – in the thread pitting DrDeth – is pure ad hominem.

No, your point was silly, and I was exaggerating to illustrate that.

First, I doubt that post would warrant even a mod note most of the time, regardless of forum. If a mod were in a bad mood, sure, maybe a ‘dial it back,’ but most of the time, nah. And I’m not sure what that would prove even if it were a more egregious example. His first two posts were totally clean (no comment on their accuracy, though.) Looks more like he came in for a debate, and got slightly irritated by Lance_Turbo’s “peace - see you later”, and left a milquetoast reply that you characterized as “pure ad hominem.”

I’m not here to make friends. I’m not going to stand back and say nothing when liars lie about me, it’s just that simple.

So which is it? Bleating sheep? Or wagons and pitchforks? Do you even know what sheep are like?

You are fucking nailing it bro!

This thread is fucking ridiculous.

Wait for it, “toxic wokeness.” Coming to a Fox News segment near you

Certianly an affront to the great Slight Slappers.

crank this shit.

Appranty the answer to that question is zero, as he was screaming profanities and flailing his arms with bulging eyeballs before anyone did so.

Why, and when did the thread title get changed???

New rule:

I’ve got absolutely no problem with the title change, or the rule itself.

I don’t either, but I’m not sure ‘Sheep Slapper’ is really an insult - especially since it’s a reference to his own words describing himself.

Yeah me either. We all know what it means to be pitted. It’s okay if the insults are reserved for the posts.

This thread has gotten too meta for me, but I think that @Martin_Hyde has been very reasonable in all the threads I’ve seen him in recently. He was very helpful in a recent thread about Israel and the Jerusalem, and in another thread that I can’t recall.

I thought he was more of a right winger than he seems to be lately – maybe the recent insanity of the Republican Party was too much for him. Or, maybe he’s crazier on other topics. But, for the past few weeks, I’ve appreciated his contributions.

I think his past history or something has people ready to pull the trigger on him. In the Voting Compromise thread, I basically did that, but now I understand what he was getting at. Anyway, those are my two cents.

I actually find him useful in some threads as well.

But he also has a temper, assumes the worst of other posters, and seems looking for a fight, rather than a discussion.

He has made no secret that he hates most of the people on this board, and he has made no effort in hiding that contempt in his posting either.

He may be smart, but he is also very hateful and odious.