I pit Ms. Tara Reade for putting our country through this

I am not claiming that her account of assault is false, there is no way to be certain of that. Even if she confessed tomorrow that she conjured up (made up) the assault element to her previous allegation of unwanted touching for reasons X,Y,Z there will be those who will be convinced that it indeed happened (otherwise why would anyone make up such a thing in the first place!?) and that she retracted because she was pressured by some dark force.

I believe her account is improbable but not impossible in the sense that logically one can imagine that if we, for example, dropped a hammer from the roof it will float up in to the sky and disappear into space (it’s just never been witnessed as such.)

I want to criticize her explicitly for the following:

1. Not bringing it up last year when she alleged unwanted touching. This is irresponsible.

2. Not bringing it up when Joe chosen as VP in 2008.

I think these are legitimate reasons to criticize anyone, she’s an adult and she has to act like an adult.

I do not accept the rationale/excuse that victims will often blah, blah, blah. No thanks.

I also want to pit society at large for accepting this bullshit from accusers and making excuses for them: it’s not too much to ask that accusers make their charge in a timely manner (say within days, weeks, or even months at the latest.) Please, none of this X decades after the fact, it is simply unfair and irresponsible. Being an ‘alleged victim’ should not give you the leeway to behave irresponsibly.

Did you feel the same about Christine Ford when she came forward with her decades old allegation on the eve of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court? Because, if not, it kinda seems like you’re more interested in playing politics and using #MeToo as a shield than actually sticking up for survivors.

Ew. No.

I’m honestly not sure what to believe at this point. I’m wrestling with it. I’ll admit I don’t want it to be true, and I worry that may cloud my judgment. I’m not a huge fan of Biden specifically, but I’m a huge fan of anyone who can take down Trump. But I don’t want to overlook sexual assault to get there.

That said, I completely disagree with the OP. Decent people everywhere should be able to agree on one thing: Reade deserves to be pitted if and ONLY IF she’s lying now.

Did any of Kavanaugh’s accusers praise him for helping stop sexual assault?

And does nobody find it odd that what she’s accusing Biden of could basically be called “the trump maneuver”?

Wow! You really suck!

She wouldn’t be the first survivor who praised her abuser, and she won’t be the last.

Did you even click the link or just read it?

So much hypocrisy…

So much hypocrisy…

From the same link:

They couldn’t tie Joe Biden to Burisma so she’s trying to discredit him this way? Is she doing this on her own or is Trump’s reelection campaign paying her to make him “radioactive”?

I think her actions will be directly responsible for the rollback of 100 years worth of civil rights and sexual discrimination legislation. She will get her “justice” but all of our daughters and granddaughters will grow up in a world where they are legal chattel.

It will take less than 4 years to finish remaking the judiciary. You will lose your abortion rights by 2024, it will be considered murder.

The laws against marital rape may be overturned. I would not be surprised if there isn’t new legislation requiring witnesses in order to even prosecute rape. The will start prosecuting homosexuality as a crime again.

Gerrymandering will be so complete that there will not ever be another free election past 2024.

I really do believe all this and more will happen if Trump gets re-elected, and way faster than you can imagine.

She’s a selfish little bitch. I don’t find anything remotely credible about her story. I’m seriously starting to think that the progressive wing of the Democratic Party would rather spend the rest of their lives having one long butthurt pity party than actually being but in the position of being able to effect change.

At least I’m old and I had the privilege of living out my working years during Golden Age of equal rights. It’s going to suck to watch it all fall away, but it’s the people that are going to have to live in the upcoming Dark Ages that they are enabling that will really suffer.

I guess you disagree with the guy who said -

To be fair, he probably does too.

Regards,
Shodan

One thing that’s for certain is the Trump ass-lickers and Bernie cultists are using her hard. As if trash like Shodan give a shit about Tara Reade. Hypocrisy? Shove it up your disgusting, rapist-loving asses.

You’re taking the side of abusers here. You’re no different than they are. You are showing the same situational ethics.

The #metoo movement is about taking accusations seriously enough for a good-faith investigation. Ms. Reade deserves that much.

It may turn out that she’s lying. It does appear she’s changed her story multiple times, it does appear that this is a contrivance, but she deserves the same investigative process that Christine Blasey Ford got. Actually that was a travesty. Any victim deserves better than that rigged, rushed shitshow.

And we need to do it now, not the week of the election.

Did you read the link?

#Metoo is kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Me Too Founder: Biden Could Show ‘What It Looks Like To Be Both Accountable And Electable’

Though she didn’t come right out and say it, it’s basically hold your nose and vote anyway.

I’m really uncomfortable mounting an attack on Tara Reade. I suspect the truth is not in her, but it is important to listen to the evidence such as it exists, and even if it looks dismissably empty of validity, to give her the courtesy of treating her as someone who believes what she says even if isn’t true.

They are being felt differently because it is a Democrat. That’s all there is to it.

Winning elections is more important than anything. When a Republican acts like this is true, liberals lose their shit at Republicans. When a Democrat acts like this is true, liberals lose their shit at Republicans.

The shit you people post and expect to be believed.

Regards,
Shodan

A lot of Democrats are indeed being hypocritical, but you’re a misogynistic, victim-blaming, rapist-apologizing and defending piece of shit, and the hypocrisy of others doesn’t justify your misogynistic rapist-apologism and rapist-excusing bullshit.