I Pit Practice Management Fees

My GP just got around to sending out December’s passive-aggressive letter of the decade (note, she just mailed it to me YESTERDAY)

They’re going to try to stick us with $200 a year on top of all the co pays, etc, because reasons.

As if paying $25 to get a prescription for Zpac when I have the sniffles is worth paying $200 a year in perpetuity is worth it.:mad:

Time to look for a new doc in the box

Maybe you should stop pointlessly taking antibiotics when you have a cold while you’re at it.

Pretty much that. You don’t need fucking medication every time you have sniffles.

YOU are the reason we have both overuse of antibiotics and AB resistant drugs.

Is there some history here that I don’t know about? I’d be pissed if my doctor charged me $200 a year just to keep being my doctor. I would soon have a new doctor.

And I would report it to my HR department and the Insurance company.

in process.

Done, they say, to paraphrase, “take it up with your health care provider”

posts 2 and 3, that was an example. And thanks, …for nothing.

Really, and is the insurer going to pay for this? Or will it at least count toward your annual deductible?

By their response I take it that it’s up to me financially. Haven’t verified that yet.

I’ve heard about this, that some doctors’ practices are charging you just to be a patient.

Was a stupid example that deserved the scorn.

But at least it was free. :wink:

and worth every penny!:wink:

Unfortunate antibiotic example aside, I fully endorse this pitting.

What the hell does your employer’s HR department have to do with your GP?

Some doctors will accept just anybody as their patient, others charge a fee like the OP notes to keep out the riff-raff.

My patients must provide proof of their convictions before I will see them. :smiley:

If the OP has insurance through work, it’s an HR matter. It’s possible the doctor’s contract with the insurance company forbids fees like the OP is complaining about.

That’s what I’m hoping, haven’t had time to get on my HR phone carousel yet to verify :dubious:

Also, I just realized a fair amount of the practice’s patients are Medicare clients so I’m beginning to think its income stream needs to be replenished by younger suckers, erm, I mean clients.

It’s entirely possible that decreased reimbursement rates from Medicare, Medicaid and even private insurance means he’s having trouble paying his staff, rent, utilities, etc. Instead of closing his doors for good and leaving those patients without a primary doctor he is asking that the patients make up the difference.