I Pit Subway for the most idiotic phrase I've ever heard in a commercial...

That just gave me a memory of a gross picture I saw on OKCupid.

I noted the “yum rocket” thing when I heard this commercial, but there was another bit in it that also annoyed me, and I can’t remember what it is now.

Stay away from the special sauce.:eek:

To hijack a bit, one of the other clips showing was Biggest Fox News Error in History!. The comments are hilarious.

You mean the Jizz dressing? Why, what’s wrong with it?

I worked at Subway one summer. It was a horrid job, but what made it absolute worth it was hearing this a week or two after I quit: A coworker, Dominic, got fired. Why? Because an attractive woman walked up to the counter and said, “Can I get a 12-inch Italian?” And he said, “I’m right here. What else?”

I swear to god that is 100% true.

Also, anyone who considers a Subway sandwich anything remotely like a proper deli hoagie needs to go take themselves on a trip to Philadelphia, where you will be properly reeducated.

:: Cue the “Why yes, I am a yum rocket scientist” T-shirts ::

I haven’t seen the commercials, but due to this thread I did end up going to Subway today. I just couldn’t resist the urge to order a twelve inch long hot Italian yum rocket.

It was not nearly as exciting as it could have been. :frowning:

The narrator is saying it in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way as if it is a cool jivetalking kind of way of speaking when he knows it isn’t. It’s hardly said seriously so I can’t get too worked up about this one.

That was from the movie A Night in Paris, right?

Well, I guess “semi-putrefied lukewarm soggy meat dildo” didn’t have quite the same appeal.

Especially in this house.

“Honey, could you pass your penis? Thanks”

Not to us, perhaps, but now that Governor Palin is considering a sixth child…

Do you want your Yum Rocket toasted?

. . would you like your 12 inch yum rocket cut in half?

And do you want it on white or whole wheat?

Either way as long as its between hot buns.

That’s racist, man.

I guess you haven’t seen the newest Quiznos commercial, which claims that their meatball sub is “like a hug from the inside”. I looked at my wife and said “Honey, I want to hug you from the inside”, She started to giggle and I finished “With my penis”. Maybe it would have been funnier if I’d said “yum rocket”. I would have achieved total mass market sub shop brand fusion!

“A hug from the inside” sounds an awful lot like stomach cramps.

Or a tapeworm.