I pit Texas Rep Louis Gohmert for his stupid comments regarding the Aurora shooting.

Hey, some people take being quiet in a theater very seriously. (YouTube link.)

Post 26. Admittedly, I was being snarky, but you provided cites.

There are about 40 known homicides every day in the USA. How many of the survivors get condolences from a president who takes the day off to attend to the matter?

And your point is?

Is it anything like GWB saying, “Brownie, you’re doing a great job.”

Louie Gohmert is a Republican. The Republican party has become the party for hate filled bigots and religious fanatics. It’s pretty much our Taliban and we should be used to both the GOP and the Taliban saying crazy shit.

Former Arizona state senator and author of that state’s controversial immigration law Russell Pearce said:

It would seem he is calling the victims cowards. But I’m sure some GOP apologits will come along to help me understand how wrong I am, or how he is just one nut just like they do with all the many othe r"lone" nuts in the GOP.

These are not just weirdos on the fringe of the GOP, this is the GOP.

I have a G. Zimmerman on line one.

Here’s the other Zimmerman.This is pertinent too.

Well, let’s face it. He’s got two choices:

1: The president goes to visit the survivors and his enemies say he’s doing it for political gain.

2: The president doesn’t go and his enemies say he fails to show compassion.

Given the choice, and knowing that your enemies are going to spin it badly either way, I’d go with showing compassion.

Probably everyone that dies in a violent act that kills a dozen or so, and wounds several dozen more.

That is, if one can accept that the President ever takes a whole day off.

Are you really criticizing Obama for meeting with the families of the victims?

Because other, worse assclowns vote for the motherfucker???

Funny thing, though, most terrorist acts nowadays happen in countries that do place a high value on God, very extremely in some cases.

Not that this random kill-spree is a “terrorist act” anyway; those have political agendas. This appears to have been purely recreational.

Well, let me put it this way. Less than 48 hours ago, about 40 miles down the road from my house, a pickup truck carrying 26 passengers crashed into a tree at 75 mph. So far 14 of them are dead, all presumed illegal aliens being transported to safe houses…

I haven’t seen the president down here offering his condolences to their families, nor, as far as I know, has he even acknowledged the crash, even if his handlers have made him aware of it. What makes the loving and innocent families of those victims any less deserving of his attention?

Because vehicle crashes are just a tad more everyday common and unremarkable than lone-psychopath multiple-victim assault-rifle public massacres?

Also because of publicity and people asking the President if he’s going to comment on it.

If that truck crash made national news and Obama was being asked to comment, he’d probably have something to say about it too.

Oh. I thought it was about consolation of the families of the victims.

Just a photo op, though. My mistake. Carry on.

That is such a horrible story. I’m so sorry. Where did it happen?

But I don’t see your point - because more than one bad thing happens, it is wrong to ever offer condolences?

Are you criticizing Obama for visiting the families in Colorado, or not visiting the families of the accident victims?

Consider the fallout if any pol running for re-election were to offer condolences there. Best just to leave it alone.

First off, the Colorado victims are Americans, and he is the President of America. Second, there was a decent chance he could extend his condolences in a dignified manner that wouldn’t cause undue suffering to the victim’s families. Whereas if he offered condolences to illegal aliens, a certain set of people would begin rolling around on the floor, tearing their hair and screaming bloody murder.

You know you two were just ambushed?

Hey. obviously piling 23 people into a Ford F-250 is exactly the same as going to a movie. Exactly.