I pit Texas Rep Louis Gohmert for his stupid comments regarding the Aurora shooting.

Oh, that will all be sorted out at the coroner’s inquest!

The coroner is God? :eek:

I’m half expecting an incident involving a couple of would be Dirty Harrys where one or both somehow mistakes the other for a bad guy and one or both end up getting shot, or worse some bystander ends up hurt or dead.

No, St Peter.

What do you expect from a person who says “How does somebody get a rebate who didn’t put any bate in?” :eek:

Isn’t Goober a signer of the “our government has been infiltrated by the Muslim Brotherhood, ***do *something” letter?

I’d never hear of that so I Googled it. Sure enough, he said it.
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-501743_162-3744461.html

Oops, it had been a while since I had heard it, so my quote wasn’t completely accurate. But it got the gist.

My intent wasn’t to correct you. Your quote was essentially correct.

We await his next pronouncement with baited breath.

So, there are three choices:

1. An honest response
  2. A dishonest platitude
  3. STFU.

You know, if I ever decide to be a mass killer, I’ll remember this, and make it a point to kill enough people that the survivors all get personal responses from the president, as a small consolation. I feel sorry for the families of those people who get killed just one at a time (14,000 a year), whom the president just ignores.

In this scenario, and given that the perpetrator and accomplices — if any — are the only ones who know what’s going on, I would expect them to be the (possibly only) ones left alive when the dust settles.

(ETA: if I were intent on mass slaughter and knew that there were a bunch of Dirty Harry wannabes in the room, I’d simply lob in a large firecracker and skedaddle.)

That happened, in the NYC subway. Even more telling was that Dirty Harry really was a police officer, who shot an undercover police officer while the thug with a gun that got both hot and bothered escaped. I had the joy of being about 15-20 feet away, outside the train (E train at the Lexington Ave/53rd Street station(NY Times archive)). Didn’t see anything though, but couldn’t leave the station for maybe an hour.

The answer is, obviously, to pass a law that mandates that mad mass murderers wear clothes that clearly identifies them as so, so bystanders packing heat know who to shoot at.

I don’t know why your lawmen didn’t figure this out earlier.

I went to the 5th Ave Station that night, even though I usually went to Lex. Glad I missed it.

This Gohmert, BTW, is one of the co-authors of Michele Bachmann’s insane letter to the Inspector General accusing SoS Clinton’s aide Huma Abedin of Muslim Brotherhood ties.

Even though he claims to be hugging Muslims around the world.

I thought that body armor would have given Holmes away, but I guess not.

Yeah, but if you see Dirty Harry holding a gun, how would you know he’s not the madman?

Madmen should clearly identify themselves. There should be a law about that.

For the same reason all condolence letters say the same thing - it’s not all about the writer / speaker. It’s about the victim and survivors. There are only so many ways to say, “That really sucks”.

Not at the Batman movie opening.