I Pit the new "frost brewed Coors Light" temperature indicator

The thermometer idea is less dumb than that other stupid one where you can scratch notes on the label - like your phone number when you buy a beer for a chick at a bar… or something.

Doing it for years doesn’t matter. It’s still really fucking stupid. I think it’s safe to say that most people have hands with functioning nerves and can tell when something is cold by touching it. If not, you can always do this.

I suspect it’d actually be snobby if we were genuinely looking down on people who drank Coors Light which I haven’t noticed a lot of in this thread. There are people who complain that Coors Light tastes bad, but nobody saying really anything snobby.

Until now. I have no problem with people who like the taste of “beer” like Coors light. Taste is an individual thing. I prefer stouts and porters to (light) lagers. Drinking a beer because it’s cheap and you just want the alcohol? That’s just as stupid as the cold indicator label. If you don’t give a shit about taste, there are cheaper ways of getting yourself buzzed than Coors Light. How about Keystone Light, or Natural Light, or a fucking bottle of Arrow Vodka. Or maybe you should just stop drinking like a fucking high school student. Speaking personally, I get way more enjoyment and relaxation of drinking a beer that I actually enjoy the taste of than I would slamming a six pack of Coors. Plus the beers I enjoy carry more alcohol anyways.

I’m a true lover of beer, and admittedly most really good beers only come in bottles but I actually prefer a can when available.

Same with soda, on the rare occasion I want a Coke I’d rather have it out of a can than a bottle (glass or plastic.)

Canned beers is mostly synonymous with larger brewers, I think the economics of canning don’t work out as well as bottling or putting in kegs for smaller craft brewers.

That being said here in the states you can find some really good beer in cans. From major brewers: Newcastle and Blue Moon both come in cans and are both pretty solid for beers made by large multinationals.

Yuengling is a very good “American style” beer (I’m not saying it holds a candle to really good craft brews, but it blows swill like the Bud family or the Miller line out of the water), and D.G. Yuengling & Sons is actually the largest non-multinational brewer in the country (output of ~3.6 million barrels / year.) Sierra Nevada has also announced they are going to start selling their Pale Ale in a can, and that is a very good beer.

I should also say I’m not one to generally engage in excessive pissing-on the major beers sold in the U.S. On a hot summer day at a friend’s cookout I will have absolutely no problem drinking a Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Light or similar. Will it be my preferred beer? Absolutely not, and just based on cookout anecdotes I do think better craft brews are becoming a lot more mainstream as it’s been the rare function I’ve been to lately where some Sam Adams or similar product isn’t around.

However Coors is actually probably one of the worst of the worst, I’d drink Bud Light over Coors Light any day, and I think Bud Light is very poor. Coors Light may be the worst mass-produced American light beer, especially given it is priced above the low-income / college beers like Natural Light / Pabst etc. Given it prices itself at Bud Light / Miller Lite levels but tastes worse than truly god awful beer like Pabst Coors really takes the cake when it comes to poor quality beer.

I like Yuengling, but I’ve found it doesn’t travel very well in bottles outside Pennsylvania. So now when I want Yuengling I buy cans instead and find that it is more consistent pack to pack and even beer to beer. It’s a good, solid, cheap lager that is actually American-owned.

Then again, I’ll also drink Miller High Life. Not a great beer, but okay. Tends to be an okay choice to bring to a party. Not everything has to be some tiny craft beer that nobody has ever heard of to be drinkable.

I’ve had Shiner and Fat Tire in cans before and I noticed almost no difference between the bottled versions. That said Coors Light is pretty bad. It’s only remotely drinkable when it is ice cold.

Or focuses on how cold it is. When I put stuff in my 4ºC fridge, it gets to be 4ºC. If your fridge is warmer or colder, the liquids stay warmer or colder. Not exactly a selling feature, since my cherry Kool-Aid is also 4ºC. :slight_smile:

Dale’s Pale Ale

Buried Hatchet Stout

Educate thyself.

I’ve had plenty of cheap and nasty beer, because I often find myself at cookouts and other types of events where the beer is provided, and the difference between a “beer lover” and a “douchebag” is the ability to enjoy whatever’s in the cooler.

Still, I have to say that Natural Light is the most vile shit that has ever touched my tongue, and I once dated a girl with a chronic yeast infection.

Coors Light doesn’t bother me 'cos it at least doesn’t taste bad. whether it has any taste at all is up for debate :wink: Whereas I’ll avoid- say- Heineken because it invariably has a non-hop bitterness that I don’t like.

Where does Coors Light’s currently rank on the “drinkability” scale?

Ten. It can be drunk.

Coors Light: Now 100% potable!

Additionally, when the flavour of beer is present, the word “LIGHT” on the can turns from white to golden amber. It’s like magic.

There are some who would disagree.

I would just like to congratulate everyone in this thread for not making that stupid-ass canoe joke. Bonus points for casually referring to Coors Light as “sex in a canoe beer”, hoping beyond hope that someone will come along and please ask for clarification on what sex in a canoe beer is*.

*It’s “fucking close to water”, and the joke gets made in nearly every single beer thread on the boards - it’s no longer clever.

We were doing so well til you came along Munch Way to ruin it :frowning:

You have no idea how sorry I am.

I think I do, actually. :slight_smile:

What do drinking Coors Light and sex in a canoe have in common?

You shouldn’t do either with a five year old