I pit the worst day of my life FEBRUARY 11 2005

I’m so sorry, START, you’re in my thoughts.

My prayers are with you, START. You will see your brother again someday.

Take it easy on yourself. I mean this. We all mean this. Bless your heart. Remember that your little brother always will live in your hearts, and in your memories.

You have my deepest sympathies in your loss. If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to email anytime. Hang in there, time will heal. Give your family hugs from all of us here.

:frowning:

START, it’s going to be tough for a while. Really tough at times. Get help when you need it where you can. There are a lot of really nice people here willing to listen. Sometimes you catch some stick here for the way you act, but people will see past that and help if you let them. The transgressions of youth are easily forgiven. When you find yourself feeling guilty or angry or sad, and you will, that’s natural but you might need some help to move on. Ask for help from your clergy or school counselor or whomever. Don’t think you’ve got to bury it, or be strong for the family, or whatever. Take care of yourself.

When you’re ready, you can do some positive things to honor the memory of your brother. This won’t be for a while, and can be simple things, like living a good life, doing well in school, more involvement in your church or community, whatever. Maybe volunteer to work with asthmatics, or direct your energies towards a cure. In this wake Zechariah will live on in thoughts and deeds well beyond the time that was allowed him here.

START, words fail me. I can’t being to say how sorry I am for you and your family. There’s nothing you could have done that the paramedics didn’t do, and worrying about things like clothing is what a big brother does. Take care of yourself.

START, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

“And at times the fact of his absence will hit you like a blow to the chest, and you will weep. But this will happen less and less as time goes on.”

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. Don’t feel bad about the CPR, either. If you haven’t had any training in it, all you would have accomplished was making your brother’s last moments more painful. You afforded him a little dignity.

Everyone here has had good advice, but ShibbOleth definitely hits the mark, especially here:

Remember this. Don’t “tough it out.” Talk about him. Talk about how you feel. Don’t bury the emotions. Pamper yourself a little. Pamper other members of your family too. These emotions are strong, and need to come out.

And always remember that he lives on in your heart.

START, I’m so sorry.

START, I am so sorry for you loss. My mother died 2 years ago today. Your post made me weep, much as I did back then. Best wishes, to you, and to your family.

I have tears in my eyes after reading that absolutely heart-wrenching account. I am so terribly sorry for you and your family and you have my deepest condolences.

I have asthma as well, and it was much worse in my childhood. As I read your OP I could feel what your brother was going through.

Again, I’m truly sorry.

My condolences, START.

:frowning:

I’m so sorry, START.

Oh jeez, START, I’m so sorry. So sorry. You’ll definitely be in my thoughts. Lots and lots of hugs to you.

I don’t think what you did was wrong or silly–people don’t think totally straight in times of crisis, and what you did do was just fine.

To add to what other people have said–if you need to cry or whatever, cry. Don’t hold it in, it’ll only make you feel worse, and it makes it harder to deal with the pain. Definately see a counselor as well. The sooner you learn to cope with the loss, the sooner you’ll start to feel better.

::Sends START hugs and prayers:: You’ll be in my thoughts.

START

I’m so sorry. My sisters had serious asthma as children. I know how you feel. All I could ever do was start the car so it was warm when my mom took them to the hospital.
You couldn’t have done anything to prevent this. Please don’t blame yourself, and please allow your faith to be a comfort to you in this trying time.

Sorry for your whole families terrible loss. Look after yourself.

I’m so sorry START . Please take care and know that we’re thinking of you.

My condolences as well, START.

RIP, Showbiz, you old screen name-hijacker, you.

START, I’m sorry about your loss. And I’ll second what ShibbOleth said.