I pit UPS

I don’t understand why UPS can’t be bothered to take the ONE extra step that brings them close enough to reach my doorbell. Time and again I’ve seen them walk up on my porch and leave a box, then turn around and drive off. Literally ONE STEP would allow them to reach the button that would alert me if I happened to be where I couldn’t see out the window. And, no, they don’t see me inside - I’ve never seen one even glance towards the bow window next to the front door.

FedEx drivers will hit the doorbell before turning and dashing away.

I double pit UPS and anyone who ships using them. I’ve had so much trouble with UPS (they’ll throw a package into my neighbor’s field and mark it delivered), that I had an entry made that if I don’t sign for a package (no matter how it was shipped), then it is not delivered.

I’ve just sent back a $1000 order because when I ordered it was supposed to be sent by a different method. The morning of deliver, it went on a UPS truck. I refused the delivery and told the company that it was because they used UPS when their order process had explicitly stated a different delivery service.

UPS has actually damaged my truck because the guy was in a hurry and instead of waiting for me to pull out of the way, drove into me. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever order from a company that uses them again.

Here is the facebook page for UPS victims. Last time I checked, they were getting at least one new post a day. They absolutely suck. https://www.facebook.com/pages/UPS-SUCKS/190839603966

I just checked their tracking site again. It left Nashville, went to Sharonville, Ohio and then to West Carrolton , Ohio. Now the status is saying “Out for Delivery”

Dare I hope?

According to their website, UPS delivers 15.8 million packages a day.
One can imagine that a handful of those might get mis-routed. They still have a pretty awesome track record as far as I’m concerned.

That said, yeah, it sucks when it’s your package that gets delayed. I hope you get it today, Bass Chick!

I received two packages yesterday, both about the size of a shoebox, one from NYC by US International Priority Mail, which took eight days and cost US$6.48, the other from Texas via UPS which took seven days and cost $129.00. Fer crissake, UPS charges $89.00 to send a LETTER from the USA to Mexico, USPS charges $0.48.

No matter how bad you think UPS is, FedEx is* worse*.

Ex-shipping manager, here.

My bad experience with UPS is not a one-time, oopsie. UPS consistently cannot deliver to my house without my having to go through TWO days of dealing with customer service. This is experience over the course of seven years when I get approximately 3 packages a quarter. FedEx manages to deliver packages on the day scheduled and in the way scheduled. Over the last seven years, UPS has managed to deliver one package as sent and on the stated delivery date. Every other package has been a total failure, to the point that when my neighbor harvests his corn, he finds my UPS packages laying throughout his field.

So, given my experience with them, you’ll have to pardon me if I doubt that they can accurately add numbers, let alone delivered the number of packages that they claimed.

Not where I live. FedEx has yet to plow into my truck with their truck. I doubt anyone will beat that one.

I’m sorry to hear about that but, um, lots of people cause car accidents every day. Sometimes people cause them while on the job. It sucks, but shit happens, you know? Their insurance company should have made you whole again, so why the bitterness?

I’m not saying UPS doesn’t have some major flaws (I’ve complained about them here before, too). But it’s pretty ridiculous that you seem to have assumed that the company policy supports bashing into customer vehicles. If you have evidence to support your claim that he drove into you on purpose, then he would have been fired. I assure you that no company on *earth *can afford to have a policy that says it’s okay to intentionally cause a car crash when someone is blocking your way–do you know what that would do to their insurance rates? Jesus.

It sounds like you resent this accident *far *out of proportion to the actual offense done to you–to the point of refusing a serviceable delivery just because they made it! That’s irrational, bordering on hysteria. Wow, man… wow.

You sound like an angry person who may blow things way out of proportion so do you think maybe your response to this:

may have led to this:

Here is how it would have played out if it was FedEx:

They deny your truck was hit. You prove it was.
They deny it was thier truck that hit you. You prove it was.
They deny it was driven by an employee. You prove it was.
They deny any damage. You prove their was.
They deny having insurance. You prove they do.

They say, “Too bad. Sue us. We have lawyers for this kind of stuff”, then refuse to ever acknowledge you exist.

This happened, more or less, not with a truck, but with some shipments. We went thru about 10 steps of proving they were flat-out at-fault, and they simply washed their hands of the whole ordeal. Flat refused to deal with it. Head in the sand. Don’t look behind the curtain.

Sorry about your truck. I wish UPS would hit something I own. I could some pocket money! :wink:

Just had a package sent to me (from darkest Arkansas) to here in Bellevue (just outside of Seattle). Given to UPS on July 27. Notified by UPS that it would arrive on August 3. Didn’t. Finally got here on August 6, ten days after starting its journey. Wonder how many times they had to change the teams on that stagecoach.

Actually, their routing info showed that the package went thru at least eight different cities on its wonderous route here, resting in Redmond, WA (five miles from here) for two full days.

But you know the only accident I have had in the last decade was with a UPS truck. *They backed into me. * And yet, they refused to settle with me, forcing me to use my Insurance and subrogation, and even there they fought the case- “As it it UPS’s policy to contest every claim” , so it took many hours of my time to finally get a settlement. In my favor, of course.

So, you know, altho *accidents suck, * UPS’s policy made it suck more.

Deja vu

My package finally arrived.

It’s got me gun shy about ordering from Amazon again though.

You should consider yourself lucky, they shipped your package all over the place multiple times and only charged you for getting it from its origin to its destination. You got a great deal!

There are a few keys to getting something quick from Amazon. First, only order things that say “order fulfilled by Amazon.” Why? Because Amazon itself is actually goddamned fast about getting things out to you. If it’s the company that’s selling it (ie: Bob’s Electronics and not Amazon) sending it, I’ve noticed it can literally take weeks.

Secondly, if you can get a Prime account, do it. Students can get it free if they have a .edu address, parents (or people willing to lie and say they are parents. . . which I would never do cough) can get it free for 3 months, or you can just pay $70 (which I eventually did because I order through Amazon enough that it was worth it). Prime Shipping is no joke-- I get my stuff sometimes the very next day, but never more than the 2 days it lists. I tend to only order products that have Prime Shipping.