I propose new / replacement non animated smilies

I like wave finger, curse, and rock on. The first two are animated but can be easily frozen.

I dig these something hardcore.

Hey man, I spent literally seconds throwing those together.

But with all that practicemy next ones should be awesome.

Doctor Who
Really, no offense taken. I realize your negative comments were directed at the subject matter of the smilie and not at me.
Anyway, no problem.

TMI

That one took at least a minute. Making grins in little smilies is hard! And I couldn’t get the eyes right so I closed them.

BTW, if anyone thinks that they can improve on any of mine please feel free to do so. I have no artistic integrity whatsoever. And I don’t really use smilies so I’m not really the target audience anyway.

Fern Forest
Okay, here’s my attempt at it.
TMI Smilie

Cool. … He scares me. He just keeps staring at me. By the by, he’s holding the sign over his genitalia, thus the TMI. But that’s pretty hard to do with a roundish figure.

The other one I encourage people to improve is the mod smilie. He’s supposed to be like a sheriff.

Here’s my update for embarrassed, and contenders for yawning and crying.

Imgur

My vote for puking goes to Jimm’s pukey.

I like the lobster smiley.

:smiley:

But not the tux smilie??? :mad:

:wink:

Here is my proposal for some new smileys. One of them is a still of “wave finger” that already has fetus and treis’ votes.

When frozen, fingerwave kind of looks like a middle finger. Lightbulb, whistle, says here, worship, and maybe popcorn look cool and useful. The other ones I don’t really see myself using.

Though I did ‘barfy’ a long time ago, and I’m fond of him, I must say that Jayn_Newell’s version is way better. Much more panicked-looking and about to burst. Should it come down to it, I would withdraw mine.

Now that’s a non blowjob giving embarrassed a person can get behind.

I dug this relic of the past up for a 2002 Poll. Found it by accident on a Google search for something else.
SDMB Smiley Poll 1- May/June 2002
http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelried/smpoll/poll1.html

Just a note, by the way: Due to copyright concerns, the mods have requested in the past that any new smilies be created from scratch by the membership. I presume that their opinion on the matter has not changed. Remember, just because a smiley is all over the 'Net, does not necessarily mean that its creator gave permission. In fact, it’s probably actually worse if it’s all over the 'Net, since that would make it that much harder to track down the copyright owner.

Just my personal (not official) opinion, but eliminating the Wally/putz only to bring in the finger wave seems counter-productive. We are going to see lots of newbies (and amnesiac old farts) “waving” at other posters in threads outside the Pit and getting told to stop insulting people, following which we are going to see a lot of complaints along the lines of “Why do you HAVE that smiley if we can’t USE that smiley?”

Given a limited number of smileys, it is just one thing to consider.

That’s pretty much the problem with the Putz smiley, now, anyway. I say either allow its unrestricted use like any other smiley, or toss it. If you keep it, change the code. The association to a proven plagiarist on a board which prides itself on the protection of IP rights is embarrassing.

I don’t really get Wally anyway. What’s he on about? He says I’m a putz, but he smiles and winks. Well, am I a putz or not? I can’t tell. I think he’s being less than sincere. And anyone that coy shouldn’t be allowed to take up so much space. Enough of this frivoloty; say what you mean, or say nothing.

The limited number of smileys might not be an issue once the board software is updated.
BAUT uses vBulletin Version 3.5.4, and has 35 distinct smileys available.