I really didn't need that phone call

I am shaking so badly right now and I feel like I’m going to puke.
I just got a call from a PI who’s investigating an accident I witnessed last year.

He may need to contact me again for a written statement. I hate reliving that day but I have to help if I can. A civil suit has been filed against an innocent kid and I’m one of the few people who can help him. But, goddammit, I hate reliving that day. I just want it to go away.

That must have been some accident if it’s affecting you like this a year later.

That sucks, my condolences.

Let me throw out that talking about any details of the event here on the internet could possibly hurt your/the kids cause.

IANAL.

tdn It wasn’t that spectacular, there were no fiery explosions or anything. It refreshed memories of my own accident a year earlier (which caused panic attacks, requiring medication and therapy) so it stuck in my head much more than it probably would have otherwise. As soon as I heard the squealing tires and the crash, I knew it was going to hit me hard. I was able to pull over before the panic attack set in and I had my mom with me so she was able to help calm me down. Unlike my own accident, someone died last year and that’s making it so much harder to forget. Of course, the fact that I can’t forget may now be a good thing so I have to suck it up and deal.
billfish678: You are very correct and thank you.