I shouldn't get my hopes up, BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!

As you might know, I’m a reporter for a newspaper out of Traverse City, Michigan – home of the National Cherry Festival.

It’s down to me and one other guy as to who gets to cover The Blue Angels when they come here this summer - complete with a ride in their jet.

This would be, like, second only to space travel in terms of things I’ve always wanted to do. The ultimate in intensity.

Other guy’s been there longer, but I bet they think I’d do a better job writing this kind of story.

Other guy is based in Traverse City, where the festival is, and I’m about 50 miles away.
But … I had to work overnight Jan. 1 on flipping Y2K watch for the paper, so I missed the big Year 2000 party. Maybe I’ll get sympathy votes for that.

Anyway, instead of just doing the, “Well, if nobody else really wants to …” bit, I have been blatantly campaigning.

We find out Monday (I think).

I can’t stand it! This would be a dream come true.

{b]Pulling negative Gs upside down with the Freaking Blue Angels!!!**

Positive vibes this way, please.

Give me immortality, or give me death!

:::sending seriously positive vibes to Milossarian:::

That is extremely cool, dude! Keep us posted!

If the positive vibes work, can I get a snack pack? :slight_smile:

Cristi, Slayer of Peeps

I made my husband join a bridge club. He jumps next Tuesday.

(title & sig courtesy of UncleBeer and WallyM7!)

Hey Milo we’re pullin’ for ya!

Once when they came to Seattle for Seafair I was working at Boeing Field, their local base here. I and some friends wandered over for a close-up look. That’s about as close as I’ll ever come to getting a ride. (In fact, we got a little too close, I guess. A security guard came and shooed us away.)

I’ve watched the Angels since I was a kid on a Navy base in the 60’s and 70’s (China Lake, for those who might care :slight_smile: ). Their routine is really fun to watch; to be in one of those jets and experience it would be lot’s of fun! Course, nothing these days is the same as when they drove Phantoms… (sigh)

sends positive vibes to Milo

I’m afraid to fly, so I don’t really see the attraction there, but hey, whatever floats your boat. :slight_smile:

I debated starting my own thread for this, but the title for this was just so perfect that I figure we might share a good vibe thread. I hope you don’t mind…maybe we’ll give each other good karma.

So Brian’s boss is on his way out yesterday, and before he goes, he pulls Brian aside, and says…

“I don’t know what’s going to happen, but would you want to move to Ohio and be with Libby and be our Midwest Rep?”

Brian gave him an emphatic yes, of course. He also said that I was graduating in December and was debating going to Chicago for a very good law program. Chicago, of course, is also in the Midwest. Brian basically told his boss that he would like to be with me and would like to be the best asset for the company that he could be, and if the two could work together, that would be great.

He has no idea what’s going to happen, and neither does the company, but the fact that his boss put the idea in his head has gotten us both thinking quite a bit.

So everyone, send us AND Milo good vibes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Libby and Brian~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~** excellent vibrations **~~~

“I never saw so many words compressed into so small an idea.” Abraham Lincoln