I want HTML code on for me

ShakeNBake, as I also pointed out above, your statement is at best inaccurate. I don’t really think it needs repeating.

::quavery voice:: Why, I remember when people didn’t have to lock their doors, and Officer Friendly would shoo little Timmy back home when he stayed by the bandstand after dusk, sipping lemonade and shootin’ marbles.
Different situations; different needs. If people prefer a much slower, homey-social atmosphere there’s no harm and no foul. Uh, computers let one commute, y’know? No one has to choose New York, London, Mayberry, Sydney or any “atmosphere” in between: no loyalty pledges or visas required.

Yeah, we’ve gotten the picture. Opal’s site has HTML and fun stuff. So do lots of sites; big world out there and plenty of sites do things and offer things SD doesn’t. We do and offer things others don’t. Roam, sample, pick & choose: comparing apples to oranges to wombats to manifolds isn’t very illuminating.

Okay. Stand by whatever you want. But why the invidious comparisons in the first place? The two places are different and, ideally, complementary.

Veb

[Edited by TVeblen on 02-19-2001 at 12:18 AM]

Somebody needs a nap. :smiley:

Since you all seem very oddly intent on reading things into my words, I would like the opportunity to clarify.
[list][li]I did not ask for HTML. I don’t use it myself, and see no particular need for it.[/li][li]I was not “refuting” anything any mod said, but what August West said, “Can you imagine people posting in multi-color huge fonts? Yikes!” Since he couldn’t imagine such a thing, I thought I would show him that it does exist, and it is not as terrible as he fears.[/li][li]The fact that Arnold Winkelried says “I don’t really think it needs repeating” is belied by the fact that he had to repeat it himself to be clear; that’s the sole reason I was repeating it myself, to be clear.[/li][li]I don’t care if you like or don’t like OpalCat’s forum. I don’t post there, and only have seen it by following the occassional links that turn up on SDMB. It was just the first case in point where HTML and posting coexisted that came to mind, and that is the only reason I thought August West would be interested in it.[/li]I won’t comment on absurd TVblen’s tirade. If she want’s to attack me, take it to the pit, where I won’t see it.

I think we’ve had just about enough here, thank you very much.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator