I was thinking of trying Isagenix®

Has anyone tried it for either weight loss or general detoxing? Pros and Cons please. Thanks in advance.

p.s. Mods, if this belongs in a different forum, please forgive me and please place it correctly. :wink:

“Detoxing” and “cleanse” are code words for you have too much money. And they have a cure for that.

Their website is full of red flags.

It’s Multi Level Marketing company.
All the info on their products are on different sites.

Money is the toxin they will cleanse him/her of, is that what you are sayin’ r.p.? :slight_smile:

Yep. :smiley:

Since the OP is looking for advice, this is best suited to IMHO.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

(thanks Colibri)
Okay - “waste of money” angle aside, runner pat, have you tried it?

Which part of “waste of money” confuses you?

I don’t waste my money of total bullshit crap like that.

The liver does a fine job of what little detoxing the body may need.
Ask yourself, what are these toxins that need removing?
What is being cleansed?
How has the human race survived without modern treatments like this?
Why does this company emphasize their “culture” more than their products?

Okay - I get it. You’ve made your point.

I’d like to hear from someone who has tried it.

starts counting down to the first spammer

runner pat - please go away. We all get that you are opposed to this type of product. I was looking for constructive feed back.

Uh . . . you’re not supposed to tell other posters to “go away” (and I’m not the one who should be telling you).

Anyway . . . you know, if there’s a magic potion that will make you happy and healthy and live to be 100 . . . you don’t need anyone who’s “tried it” to know it’s bunk. That’s what your brain is for.

You did get constructive feed back. The stuff is crap, useless snake oil and a scam to boot.

Rationalwiki

Yes, but apart from that, does it work? :smiley:

“It doesn’t work” is probably as constructive as feedback can get. And having had a look at the website I have to concur with runner pat’s assessment. It’s clearly a fad dieting scam, and while you may lose weight to start with (such diets often involve extreme calorie restriction) the odds are high that you’ll put it back on later. If you want to lose weight just eat a sensible diet and engage in mild to moderate exercise 3 or 4 times a week. That’s all you really need, and it don’t cost a dime.

Understand that anyone saying positive things about your product will be telling you lies.

anyrose you may find that quite a few on a board that is putatively dedicated to reducing ignorance are opposed to this sort of product, since it is the sort of product that preys on that ignorance. This pyramid scheme based on woo and pseudoscience that preys on the guillible got called crap (in a slightly humorous manner) … what were you expecting?

Potential to cause all kinds of nasty problems and harm your liver, but other than that, what’s the big deal?