I went on a trip... through time! (part 2)

I went on a trip through time, and I saw:

in 1800, the first performance of Beethoven’s 1st Symphony in C.
in 1801, the inauguration of Thomas Jefferson.
in 1802 …

I saw Washington DC become a city. And the US Military Acadamy (West Point) open.

in 1803. . .

I saw Jefferson buy Louisiana from France.

In 1804…

I watched the duel between Vice President Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.

In 1805…

I guess this proves it, 1802 was just a suck year.

Oh, wait - strike that.

:smack: It seems I should look closer at how the question and answer format worked.

I observed general anesthesia being used in surgery for the first time (alright, alright, it’s not on the link you gave, but Encarta says it happened and I think it’s pretty cool.
Alternatively- Lewis and Clark reached the Pacific ocean.

In 1806…

1806- The Confederation of the Rhine was established

In 1807…

I saw the British Parliament pass trhe Abolition of Slavery Act.

In 1808…

Don’t worry, monica. That site wasn’t intended to be comprehensive, but a starting point. :slight_smile:

In 1808, I was present at the birth of the Eston Hemmings, so I could ask Sally Hemmings if it was really Thomas Jefferson’s child.

In 1809, I saw Napoleon capture Vienna.
In 1810…

(Am I doing this right?)

Sure, Mr. Kobayashi. I only included the prompt for the next year in my own OP because this “I Went On A Trip” didn’t follow the traditional A-B-C-D-E sequential list, but a chronological one. I wanted to be certain I was making myself clear. (Besides, after ‘Assassination of the Archduke of Austria’ I couldn’t think of much worth mentioning.)

1810 to me, is it?

In 1810, I attended the wedding of Napoleon and Marie Louise, daughter of the Emperor of Austria.

Ah, the things we learn about on the Straight Dope.

In 1811…

In 1811, I saw the Great Comet of 1811 - duh!
In 1812…

In 1812, I went to Troy, New York, to see if “Uncle Sam” was really Sam Wilson.

In 1813, I bought a copy pf Pride and Prejudice hot off the presses.

In 1814, …

British forces destroy Library of Congress, containing 3,000 books

In 1815…

I witnessed the “Hundred Days” of Napoleon’s second reign, ending shortly after his massive defeat at Waterloo.

In 1816…

In 1816, I helped a British expedition explore the Congo River.

In 1817…

I watched the Supreme Court uphold its right as an appelate court over the state courts in the case Martin v. Hunter’s Lessee. (Anyone have any idea why the site said “Martin vs. Hunter’s Lessee” instead of using the “v?”)

In 1817…

In 1817 I saw construction begin on the Erie Canal.

In 1818…