I wish they would remove the quote button.

Oh come on if you’re going to post a complaint about quotes in the Pit you know eeeeeeeeeeveryone is gonna be funny and quote every single post. I on the other hand am to mature for such childishness.

And you are all doodie heads.

Originally posted by Democritus

I totally disagree. Why it is fustruting when people don’t use the “quote” button correctly. I like it very much. I was on a board once when they did get rid of it. It was a pain to cut and paste when your in heated debate especially with the likes of Satan. He is the “quote” master ya know. So I disagree with your post to do away with it.

SO THERE! :wink:

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Talkinsquirrel *
**Oh come on if you’re going to post a complaint about quotes in the Pit you know eeeeeeeeeeveryone is gonna be funny and quote every single post. I on the other hand am to mature for such childishness.

And you are all doodie heads.

I disagree.

I read a post concerning this at some point, and stopped quoting the post I was replying to if it was directly above the reply I was making. I want to be courteous, and it seemed reasonable.

Then, I posted to a thread one time and someone else had posted in between my reply and the post I was referring to. Unfortunately, my reply sounded as though I was talking to the last post, and in that context it sounded kind of rude. And it made me look like a cranky idiot.

I don’t need any help in that direction, thank you very much-I do idiot very well with no help from anyone.

So, I went back to quoting, although I do try to delete everything that is not relevant to the subject I am replying to.

Just put a In regards to Scotticher’s comments. And use judicious quotes. THis way if someone cuts in they’ll know I’m not refering to them.

Thanks, oldscratch, good suggestion.

Its more a lazy thing for me, I guess. I like for what I am responding to be visible when I am typing a response. True, it may be one phrase of quote and it would be proper to cut the rest.

Democritus: Amen, brother!

Wildest Bill: How the hell hard is it to C&P? Or to at least cut what you don’t need out of the quotes?

Now darlin’, no need to be testy. Even if you are in the pit.

Perhaps not, Scotti, but this is one of my pet peaves. Especially in GD, where the posts are already huge–it’s aggravating to have my whole last post repeated when whoever does it is replying to two sentences of one paragraph.

Yeah, well, after making my oh so unforgettable debut in GD, which was also my debut on this board, ( how stupid was THAT, BTW?) I have been cowardly enough to stay out of GD altogether, and have limited myself to MPSIMS, IMHO, and an occasional foray into the pit. So I wouldn’t know.

I agree in principle, but I think that if used judiciously, the quote feature is handy.

And besides, I was just teasing you.

Hugs,

Scotti

what quote button?

**This just makes things hard to read!

Losers.

Guess what? That shit wasn’t funny in the other thread, it really wasn’t funny the first time it was done here, and now, it’s just pathetically sad.

It’s not clever, and it’s not funny.

It’s just sad.

I gotta agree. My time is extremely limited, so when I do get the opportunity to read the boards (a couple of times a week) I am irked beyond words when I see this kind of shit. On most any board it’s unnecessary, but especially on this one, given the above average intelligence level and ability (on the part of most, anyway) to retain information longer than three seconds.

So quit it already.

**I disagree.

Moron.

What’s with Libertarian posting “I disagree” all the time? Is it supposed to be funny? Was it funny the first time? God knows it ain’t funny the 400th time. I just don’t get it.

Anyway, as much as I agree that people overquote posts (on usenet you can get drawn and quartered for doing that), this thread encourages lameness. I’m gonna shut it down.