ID theis 1950's Movie?

I remember seeing bits and pieces of this movie. It was about an American couple traveling in Italy. One part showed the couple in the weird looking “Gardens of Bomarzo”, which is north of Rome.
Was it “Roman Holiday”?

For some reason that doesn’t sound right, but I could be wrong… do you remember anything else? Color or B&W?

Audrey Hepburn plays a princess (of some European persuasion, I don’t recall if it was specified, I haven’t seen it in years) in Roman Holiday, so if “American couple” is correct, that’s not the right film.

If It’s Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium, maybe?

Could it be Rome Adventure? Troy Donahue and Suzanne Pleshette driving around on a Vespa having bread-cheese-&-wine picnics in the gorgeous countryside? I think that’s pretty much the entire plot, and really it’s enough. Dumb but fun to look at.

Word!

Sotto…Sotto has the Gardens predominantly featured, but the film is (a) from the 70s and (b) Italian, though there is a discussion of American movies and stars included.

Was it Douglas Sirk’s Interlude?

I’m thinking Viaggio in Italia, 1954, starring George Sanders and Ingrid Bergman as an American couple traveling in Italy. Their marriage is strained and they snipe at each other a lot. It’s a bit depressing.