ID this joke from its punchline

Pssst. click the link
:wink:

:smack: Nice!

What do children have in the middle of their legs that adults don’t?

Legit LOL!

It’s been hours that the professor was trying to explain the device to his student.

“I thought it was called ‘proprioception’” said the student, puzzled.

“Well, that’s too general - the sense of one’s body in space. We use ‘kinaesthesia’ to infer the movements. This is preferable on the basis that some of the afferent information was coming from structures other than just muscles: like the tendons, joins, skin.”

“Ah.” The student pointed to a spider shaped, metallic structure at the back of the device. “But do you really need to use radioactive materials in this component?”

“Yes. I use yttrium. It provides feedback loop so I can literally feel the objects under locomotion.”

“I think I’ve got it now. The device on your head allows you to move objects with your mind using kinaesthesic inferences driving neuro-encephlographic yttrium sensations. We need an acronym for that.”

The professor, pleased at last, smiled and tapped the device near his temple, “K.I.D.N.E.Y.S., man. K.I.D.N.E.Y.S.”

The version I heard multiple times through med school and residency was:

A man develops muscle atrophy, weakness, extreme fatigue and is intermittently comatose. Labs show high markers of inflammation and high white blood cell count. Spinal tap, however is negative for meningitis. The internists at the hospital are baffled, and call the neurologists, who suspect an upper motor neuron disease but have no diagnosis. The head of the hospital is called to see the patient and is likewise unable to account for the rapid onset of symptoms. The case is taken for presentation at a national neurology meeting. There is an uncomfortable silence when the audience is asked for a diagnosis. Finally, a first-year med student in the back of the room raises his hand.
“Could he have Type B Marciafava-Bignami syndrome as a paraneoplastic variant from an occult neoplasm?”
Everyone is amazed at the lowly student’s clinical acumen and immediately begins looking up Marciafava-Bignami syndrome on their laptops.
“How on earth did you come up with the diagnosis?” the professor asks the student.
“Kidneys.”

My family does the same thing! Here’s the joke, as I remember it:

A man was in a line of patients trying to get his release from a mental institution. He watched as the others went in to meet with the doctor and heard the questions the doctor asked, which were: “point to your right arm”, “point to your stomach”, point to your toes", point to your knee," and so on. He saw which answers were correct, and which answers were wrong.
When it was his turn, he sat down with the doctor and answered all the questions the correctly. The doctor was amazed, because he knew this patient and his problems. The doctor asked: “how were you able to answer all those answers correctly?” The patient pointed to his head and replied: “Kidneys, man! Kidneys!”