ID this unnamed Beethoven piece?

This is probably really straightforward to anyone with any knowledge of the subject, but…can anyone here identify the Beethoven piece this mp3 clip was taken from?

It’s used in the closing credits to Immortal Beloved, but I’ve had surprisingly little luck tracking down it’s title.

Can anyone help me out, before I just start bellowing the tune at the top of my lungs so I can almost hear it again?

Piano Concerto No. 5, Op. 73 (“Emperor”), 3rd mvmt.

It’s from one of the piano concertos but I can’t recall which one and don’t have time at the moment to listen to recordings and nail it down. Don’t worry, someone else will be along shortly to pinpoint which one and which movement in the concerto.

Well, there you have it – someone knew right away. :smiley:

slinks away :o

It’s the Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, commonly called the "Emperor Concerto. Specifically, the third movement, Rondo: Allegro ma non troppo.

ETA…and that’s what I get for double-checking to make sure I had the right movement, etc.

As the Maestro himself once said; coolness! Thanks!

I’m pretty sure it’s “Rio” by Duran Duran.

And just to let you know, that piano concerto is perhaps the best piano concerto ever written, certainly one of the prettiest, often considered one of the four or five best worth listening to (including Grieg, Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff, and possibly one of the Mozart concerti). The second movement is incredibly sublime and leaves me with goosebumps all the time. :cool:

[hijack] Strange. I’ve always thought it was Beethoven’s worst one. The third concerto is sublime, IMO. And Chopin’s first isn’t considered one of the best?
[/hijack]