Identify this Scary, Hard Rock (?), Early-to-Mid-80s (?) Music Video

Long shot, you’ll love it.

On Saturday afternoons, my parents used to drop my brother and me at our grandmother’s while they were out shopping. We’d sit in front of the tv for hours watching either wildlife documentaries or music videos.

Over the years, there were a few that scared me witless, Michael Jackson’s Thriller being the ultimate example. But I thought of another one yesterday night, one that I have never been able to identify.

• Timeframe : I saw it sometime around 1982-1985. It “felt” current, but it could have been a bit earlier than that. Unlikely to be from the 70s, though.
  • Content : All I remember was a guy (POV shot ?) walking to various places in a city and, in each, encountering someone who looked normal at first but all of a sudden turned into a zombie (or skeleton ?), causing the protagonist to flee. There were, I think, three instances of such scenes (coinciding with the verses ?), all in different environments. The only one I recall, was the last one (?). It was in an office, in a job interview type of situation, with the boss (?) behind his desk turning into a zombie.
  • Additional info : I identified it as “hard rock” at the time as I was already a bit familiar with the genre’s imagery and sound thanks to my uncle but I could have misinterpreted it. It also seems to me that the colours were bit off, sepia-toned perhaps.

Is it Rockwell’s “Somebody’s Watching Me” (penned and back-up-sung by Michael Jackson)?

I suspect not but thought I’d ask.

Nope, that one I know very well since I bought the 45 then.

But that was another video that scared me a bit.

Okay - any of these look familiar? Or these?

Could it be Jeopardy by The Greg Kihn Band?

[quote=“Cabbage, post:5, topic:827523”]

Could it be Jeopardy by The Greg Kihn Band?

[/QUOTE]

This one looked very promising although the style didn’t fit with my (arguably very foggy) memories. That’s not it, at least I don’t think so, as there were more zombies/skeletons in the clip I remember but the… aesthetic, shall we say, is spot-on.

@Gyrate : Sorry, not in these lists either.

Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes kinda sounds like what you are describing, but he sees flashes of spiders and snakes crawling on him, not zombies. The acting starts around 2 minutes in, the first part is just the band.
I remember it freaked me out as a kid.

The “80’s/zombies” immediately made me think of Billy idol’s “Dancing With Myself”, but the video doesn’t fit the rest of your description.

Another favourite of mine from the right timeframe, but that’s not it, sorry.

I’m fairly certain none of these are right, but I’m also happy to have re-watched all of them:

Planet P Project – Why Me

The Alan Parsons Project – Prime Time

Laura Branigan - Self Control

Aaaand, you’re right : none of them is the one I’m looking for but it’s always a pleasure to rewatch Self Control.

Prime Time was new to me, and the video would certainly have made me feel uneasy then. Good song.

It’s not Dancing With Myself either.

Based on your description, I’m almost certain it’s not Rick Springfield’s Bop 'Til You Drop, but at least the time frame is right.

If ever there was a thread crying out for a Rickroll…

Here are some long shots: Rush - Roll the Bones: Rush - Roll the Bones (Legendado).wmv - YouTube
Judas Priest - Turbo: Judas Priest - Turbo Lover (Official Video) - YouTube

Could it be “Toujours là pour toi” by 2Be3?

[del]rio[/del] The Night Boat by Duran Duran. There are zombies, but not sure about faces changing. I’d love to see this video turned into a full length, cheesy feature film.

Planet P Project’s “Do You See What I See/Behind the Barrier”? The second half (Behind the Barrier) has some horror imagery, including skeletal soldiers and zombie-like children. That part of the video starts around the 4 minute mark here:

Still no dice.

No, but coincidentally, one of them died about 10 years ago.

OK, of all the suggestions so far, Jeopardy by The Greg Kihn Band was the closest in terms imagery, setting and feel, although the musical genre was definitely not right, at least as far as I remember.