Weirdest freakin' music video...

Seeing the video for Tool’s Schism made me think of starting this thread.

I really like the song. It’s got an interesting and (to my untrained ear) complex bass and drum lines. However, the video is completely weirding me out! You can see a clip of it here, but trust me, it doesn’t even begin to show the full weirdness that is Schism.

First time I saw it, I saw the little creepy people-things that attach themselves to the figure and all it made me think of was things climbing out from under the bed to kill me in my sleep. :eek:

Anybody else have a song they like but the video freaks you out?

Um… every Tool song. Man, those are some weird videos.

The new video with Christopher Walken dancing around like a moron. I love that video tho’. Especially the take from the old Black Sheep song.

19-2000 by the Gorillaz is a pretty weird video as well.

Saw the Elton John video for the song “I want love”. It’s Elton singing but the the video is of Robert Downey Jr walking through a big empty mansion lipsinking the lyrics. He’s trying to look dramatic and serious but he’s got that permanent sneer thing going on in the corner of his mouth and eyes which makes me always feel like the guy is completely insincere. Still can’t help but like the guy. (Don’t think much of the song though.)

Most Tool videos fall into this cateogry. Try Stinkfist on for size.

Another one which jumps on the weird bandwagon is Radiohead’s Knives’ Out.

I love that video (although I don’t know what the name of the song is)! I was flipping through the channels and stopped and said, “Is that Christopher Walken?!” and started laughing my ass off.

I always thought the video to Sledgehammer was pretty weird and surreal.

“Weapon of Choice” by FatBoy Slim

I was thinking of that video when I opened this thread! Its so cool.
I think the video for Bad Ronald’s “Let’s Begin” is pretty weird and cool too.
~Kittie

“Army of Me” by Bjork is pretty weird.

She drives this enormous truck fueled by diamonds that grow in her teeth that are extracted by a gorilla dentist.

I think that pretty much says it all.

Mmmm. Maybe Marcy Playground’s “Sex and Candy.” It was my favorite video/song when I was about thirteenish, so maybe that says something about me. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Christopher Walken one did the same thing to me, except I didn’t start laughing when I realized it was him; I started to cry. Okay I didn’t really, I was just shocked and all.

THere’s been a lot of bizarre music videos lately: Tool and Bjork are frontrunners in this category.

However, even in the early days of MTV, when there really wasn’t a “norm” for videos to deviate from, there were still WTF videos. Examples:

“Waiting for a Girl Like You” by Foreigner. A straightforawrd rock song with this weird video involving midgets with ladders strapped to their backs and a strange, crumbling letter “Y”.

“Icehouse” by Icehouse. Dead bodies, morgue imagery, some kind of medusa creature - this one gave me nightmares.

“Ashes to Ashes” by David Bowie. Bowie caught in the huge spider web and the creepy circus people on the beach gave me the willies. It doesn’t hurt that the song is creepy too.

“Draw of the Cards” by Kim Carnes. Not many people remember her follow-up to “Bette Davis Eyes”. The video featured a lot of strangeness and this terrifying (to me) long-armed stalking thing.

Bjork is just plain weird. I think she’s an interesting, um…artist (?), but I’ll be darned if I have any idea what she’s ever trying to say.

Most videos i seem to enjoy are of the weird persvasion. But some of the oddest ones i’ve had the pleasure of viewing would have to be…these:
Einsturzende Neubauten-Sabrina
Juno Reactor-God is God
Ohgr-Cracker
Skinny Puppy-Killing Game/Worlock
NIN-Sin

I always thought Total Eclipse of the Heart was pretty weird.

Missionary Man by the Eurythmics was weird, but it never really freaked me out.

Wild Boys by Duran Duran did freak me out though. UGH! Like a futuristic torture chamber of some sort.

Schizm by Tool gets a second from me as well. That video was so freaky that I had to change the channel because it terrified my 3 year old daughter. Of course, I can see WHY!

In a similiar vein, the same director (who seems a little too obsessed with half naked 13 year old boys) also did Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” which is creepy and bizarre as hell. Half naked 13 year old boys (what else) sing, leap, get water tossed on their half naked bodies,fly, have glow in the dark eyes, and appear to be seducing Bonnie Tyler. And then. . . ninjas! Of course! Weird dancing ninjas and little boys! They go together so perfectly.
Oh damn–somehow I completely missed that you already mentioned that video in the same post. . .

Any pre-MTV Devo video is a cinch to be weird. What with Boojie boys sticking forks into toasters and such.

And going all the way back to the '80s, I’d have to nominate the video for Don’t Come Around Here No More by Tom Petty. Alice in Wonderland being stalked by Tom Petty, then she turns into cake and gets eaten? WTF?

I vote for Teardrop by Massive Attack. Just a baby, floating in the womb, singing the song. For five minutes.

Lamb has put out a few interesting videos as well.

The newest Bjork one is weird/cool as well.

I’d love to know what song the coolest video I ever saw was from. It was just a guy lying on the ground in an urban landscape - maybe he was in the middle of a road or something. Anyway people keep coming up to him and asking (in subtitles) why he’s lying there, and he refuses to tell them, until finally they get so insistent that he says “Okay, I’ll tell you, but God have mercy on my soul…” or some such. The next and final scene is everyone lying on the ground.

I’m not even sure it was a music video. Ring any bells?

Ross - it’s Radiohead, Just.

A few years ago I saw a pretty weird video. It was all in black and white, and seemed to be shot to resemble a silent movie. We see shots of this ghoul creature floating along chasing a cowboy on a horse, interspersed with shots of another cowboy at some Old West jail. Eventually the first cowboy reaches the jail, and the ghoul kills them all, or something like that.

Could someone tell me what band and song this was? Somehow it reminded me of 4 Non Blondes, but I’ve never been able to find any information about this video.