Weirdest freakin' music video...

[/Lurker Mode]

Finally a thread worthy of me popping out of lurker mode.

I have to agree with you on the Tool videos. Weird. Weird = good.

They rule.

That is all for now.

[Lurker Mode]

Only Tool video I’ve seen is Sober. Kind of weird, to say the least.

When it comes to mainstream weirdness, I’d have to go with Tom Petty’s Mary Jane’s Last Dance. Necrophilia w/Kim Basinger. Gotta love it!

OH… I am SO with you on this one!!! That used to scare the HELL out of me… had to change the channel every time. And those freaky women playing basses with flamingos???

There was one a few years before that that gave me the wiggins… I can’t even remember the song (wanna say ‘Mexican Radio’) but there was a scene of a guy’s face coming out of a pot of beans. Ugh.

Lady Marmalade isn’t too far behind, though… shudder

-BK

As much as I love Nirvana, the video for Come As You Are is vaguely creepy.

The camera effects to blur the band member’s faces, the dog wearing the weird medical collar…

bobkitty- the video yer thinking of is by Wall of Voodoo…it is indeed called “Mexican Radio”.

Hmm I must now make a contribution. God I have that new channel VH1 Classic and constantly see these videos that make the hair on yer neck stand up but can never remember the titles of em. I’ll post when my brain returns.

lawoot took the words right outta my mouth. Stealing a corpe, dressing her up, feeding her dinner, and dancing with her limp, dragging body has to rank up there.

The freakiest video I’ve seen in a long time is for a song I don’t even know the name of–it was on one of those MTV “worst videos” compilation.

It featured the singer on a small stage in the middle of a room full of various dancing people. As he sang, he took off his clothes. Then he took off his skin. Then he started peeling off his muscles and flinging them into the crowd. About the time he started tossing organs I started thinking about changing the channel. All of this was way too realistic for its own good.

Anybody know which one I’m talking about? Morbid curiosity, I guess.

Then there was the one with the guy having sex with the kitchen appliances. That one was in the same compilation.

winterhawk, does this look familiar?

It’s a video along those lines by Robbie Williams for Rock DJ.

Eww, yes! That’s the one. Thanks, SmackFu.

The video for that Rockwell song, “Somebody’s Watching Me.”

Talk about NIGHTMARES.

Perhaps you’re thinking of Beck’s “Sex Laws”. That one defies analysis.

Beck videos generally defy analysis.

The video for Closer by NIN has creeped me out from the first time I saw it.

Tom Petty’s videos that I’ve seen have tended to be…interesting…to say the least. Truth be told, I laughed pretty hard when I saw the video for Don’t Come Around Here No More.

I like the flying skull thing from ACDC’s Big Balls song.

My younger brother was freaked out by a Lou Reed video called “No Money Down”, I think. It just shows Lou Reed’s head as he sings, until he reaches up and starts tearing the flesh off his face to reveal that the head is really that of a robot.

Howyadoin,

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a TV channel that played music videos? All these great videos people are talking about that nobody ever gets to see because of the infomercials for Nelly and Shaggy and Scooby and Cisco and the Pop Tarts… what’s that? Oh, those are videos TOO?

[Emily Litella mode - engage}
[sub]
never mind…
[/sub]
[RET]

-Rav

Was it the Cranberries, by any chance? I seem to remember one of their videos which went something like that… don’t remember the name of the song though.

S.

Yep, I remember this one still–I’d really like to see it again sometime; I haven’t got MTV and I last saw it about 6 years ago. Great. I’ve seen some of her others, ‘Oh So Quiet’, ‘Human Behaviour’, but ‘Army of Me’ is the best.

Isn’t quite the best and weirdest video I’ve seen though–that’s Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden.

The unedited version of Yes’s Owner of a Lonely Heart and Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart. The edited Yes video isn’t that strange. I haven’t seen that video in years. I’d love to find it again. We used to have it on tape—on Betamax tape…

no ones mentioned radioheads knives out video? too new probably. that one has got to be the wierdest video ever…

“Promises”