Identify this weird short film...

I don’t remember a great deal about this short film I saw, but I remember finding it entertaining.

The action consisted of a group of people in an apartment (not their own apartment, I think they had broken in or something), moving to a room, then calmly playing a weird sort of percussion music with the objects they found there (leaving the room in a total mess with items broken and spilt) - after a while, one of the group would check the time, signal the others and the playing would abruptly stop, whereupon they would move to another room and start again using different objects.
There was no spoken dialogue. There was little or no facial expression.

I’m pretty sure I’ve also seen a car commercial based on the same idea, but it’s the name of the original short film I’m after.

This sounds like something John Cage-ian. Percussion, random sounds with objects, rigorous timing w/ performers running around with stopwatches…

This sounds like something John Cage-ian. Percussion, random sounds with objects, rigorous timing w/ performers running around with stopwatches…

This sounds like something John Cage-ian. Percussion, random sounds with objects, rigorous timing w/ performers running around with stop watches and 1920’s style “Death Rays”…

Might the answer to this question, then, also be John Cage-ian? If so, I burn with the anger of a dozen 1920’s SDRs, since I didn’t get a single MFing response.

Perhaps a minor work of Samuel Beckett or one influenced by him, you’ll have to give us more to go on. Probably not Cage, if there’s no percussion…or death rays.

Dammit, I’ve seen this short too but I don’t remember where or anything about it other than it was most odd.
I’ve asked around a bit but just got accusations of mild mental disturbance.

It sounds like this one: Music for one Apartment and Six Drummers.
(I only watched the beginning of it.)

Sorry, forgot the link: http://www.villagefilm.com/cgi-bin/dbview.pl?catalogo.out+dbviewer.htm+120

Well, FWIW, I think I’ve at least found my play. I think it’s “All in the Timing” by David Ives, which is a series of short vignettes.

Yes! That is definitely the one I was thinking of. Thanks.

OK… next question… does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the film (ideally on DVD)?