Idle Thoughts is wrong. Again.

I get that “whack” is slang that can mean hit or murder. I had to look at the context to be sure what he meant, and I do think he meant murder. However, I don’t think that’s relevant to the topic.

dalej42 was already stating that in his opinion MLB should handle baseball rules and let courts handle legal issues. It follows directly that murder is an issue for the courts and MLB should not do anything about it, except deal with the logistical issues of a player being arrested, detained, going to court, etc.

It’s certainly fair to make whomever expresses the opinion that MLB should only handle baseball rules and ignore legal issues to justify why murder should be treated differently, and if murder should be treated differently, why shouldn’t domestic violence. Maybe that’s for a different thread, but mhendo is not the one who introduced the topic of domestic violence to that thread, nor was he the only person engaging dalej42 on that topic.

If dalej42 is not supposed to inject domestic violence into threads, he already did so, and mhendo is not provoking him by replying to things he said in that thread. I can’t see how mhendo did anything wrong in that thread.

I think the rule about being a jerk was violated

Yep, so do I, thus, the note.

Aw, man! Couldn’t you have included SuperDude’s name, so he could get another sig?

Hey…I’ve been on this board for 15 years. I have received 2 compliments.

Regards,
Superdude

Superdude is a super awesome guy and everyone should love him.

You state in the note that the explicit reason is mhendo seems to be provoking dalej42 to violate a topic ban he has against him. I don’t see how mhendo could know there was a topic ban, nor do I see how mhendo’s remark could provoke dalej42 when he’s already broached that topic numerous times in the thread. Given that his remark is also directly in line with dalej42’s stated opinion, I don’t see any jerkish behavior on his part.

mhendo makes a mention of his topic ban in the OP of this thread. In fact, he specifically mentions the topic of the ban, insofar as he corrected the moderator as to what it was about. Seems obvious to me that he did, in fact, know about it at the time, and he was antagonizing

Thanks, but no thanks.

You’ll know you’re a star when you start receiving condiments.

I don’t think we can expect the mods to know who and who does not know about various topic bans for various posters and that’s why I think a note is appropriate instead of a warning. If Idle had given him a warning I would be agreeing with you.

He knew dalej42 has a topic ban, but there is disagreement over what that topic ban is. If you have, for instance, a topic ban on Star Trek, and I make a comment about the plot arc of Babylon 5 to you, I would find it very difficult to consider that provoking you about your topic ban. To me, this is exactly the same. The stated topic ban in the post by engineer_comp_geek is all topics involving rape allegations. Domestic Violence might tangentially intersect rape, but usually is about abuse - hitting and the like. Murder is not rape. Ergo, nothing mhendo said relates to rape, the only ban he could know about.

If Idle Thoughts had just said “dalej42 has a topic ban on domestic violence, so do not continue this line of discussion as it could be considered provoking,” I would not have any problem with the note. My problems are Idle Thoughts asserting that mhendo knows dalej42’s topic ban is discussing domestic violence, and complaining that mhendo’s post constitutes provoking when dalej42 had already posted that topic several times in the thread. How can mhendo provoke dalej42 to do something that he is already doing?

I do appreciate it is just a note, but the note seems misdirected to me.

I’m not asking for the note to be rescinded, whatever that might mean for a mod note. All I am looking for is recognition that the note is poorly worded, putting more blame on mhendo than he is due.

The note was poorly worded, putting more blame on mhendo than he is due.
The note still stands.

Thank you for listening.

And we believe this why?

(Apologies if this critical point in the for-me-tl;dr-debate was addressed.)

Leo Bloom, you really should read the thread, or at least scan it for moderator instructions. Save you from embarrassing yourself.