Stupefyin’ Jones. She’s a character in the musical Li’l Abner, which of course isn’t science fiction. However, Stupeyin’ is a robot so I figure that counts and, anyway, I played her in a high school production of the play, so I’m fond of the name.
Well, now, i call foul. If Sonia Montdore gets to pick Li’l Abner then I get to pick General Bethlehem from “The Postman”. That’s not really sci-fi either but hey it’s futuristic and it stars Will Patton. And any movie with Will Patton is okay by me.
This hijack is brought to you by I’m sorry and please carry on.
All made-up Banksian Culture Ship names :
**G.C.U Delayed Reaction
R.O.U. Bend Over, Here It Comes
G.S.V. Tell Me About Your Mother
G.S.V. Let Me Tell You About My Mother
**
See How I slipped Blade Runner into that last pair?
Others I might consider include Runagate Rampant and Jack Half-A-Prayer
Uh, Clem - I fell in love with it when I thought about it long after I got my current user name which I like slightly better. And it most definitely is Science-Fiction related.
I suppose another good one from the album would be Dr. Memory.
There’s already a Severian and a Terminus Est, though neither seem to post here anymore. The next choice would be Analeptic Alzabo but that seems to be some sort of software now. That leaves me with:
Erebus Abia (too feminine?) Dr. Talos The Autarch of Urth Triskele The Hierodule Cacogen Jonas (“She will love me when I am whole again”) Father Inire or Father Inire’s Mirror Ash, the last man
Jelaza Kazone - I actually already use this one at a few sites. Trealla Fantrol
Megelaar
Aelliana Caylon
Kayzin Ne’Zame
Zhena Trelu
Shadia
Indigo Zheng
Beie Shohooan
Athaclena
Chiana
Shadow Puppets?
Leaf on the Wind