'If science gives you a result you don't like, pass a law making the result illegal'

WHAT? Please explain that comment.

CAPT

I suspect it contains something known as “sarcasm.”

I hope so, but I am not counting on it

CAPT

Well, that’s just tearing down without building up! Won’t be hearing any such “sarcasm” from me, nosiree Bob! Well, except for that. And this. Shit…

They’re also doing their part by pushing that gas pipeline to be built from Canada down to the Gulf. If it goes through, they get to sell shale oil to the Chinese, we get the pipeline leaks and everybody gets the climate change.

Win-win-win. :dubious:

Oh, don’t forget fracking! North Carolina is home to the genius who “accidentally” voted to allow fracking.

If you watch the linked stand up comedy act (which was hilarious), you can be assured.

Five people died of Teeth.

The use of fracking was unanimous, and wholly intentional, on the SyFy channel.

After reading the title, I thought this tread would be about No Child Left Behind.

Well, I’m sure we’ll get a chance to discuss all the Republican fuckups by and by.

American school children don’t need to learn science, they just need to know how to breed & work & enough Chinese to follow commands.

You jest, but I have seen some lukewarmers seriously proposing that it is goig to be good for us, even I mentioned before that it depends on where you are that global warming will be nice or so-so or a disaster.

What many deniers and lukewarmers ignore is the contradiction of claiming first that there is not going to be a big problem and then right away to say that the changes coming are going to be beneficial.

As science reporter Peter Hadfield tell us, many deniers are ignoring that the benefit for some will be ruin for others and it will be worse when our leaders tell the rank and file that we should not even prepare for the costly adaptations that will be needed.

Video showing how research is telling scientists that while the medieval warm period was good for Greenland and Northern Europe, The American West and many areas in Asia and the Amazon dried. And the problem for us now is that most of humanity does not live in Greenland. (Bonus: It has also a review of the mendacity deniers used against the temperature reconstructions)

“Well, at least Greenland will be lovely!”

Truly, the lichen harvest will be abundant in the coming years.

Damn, it was so quiet on this little lichen farm. Now, we’ve got corporations and politicians buying up the really good ones around us.

This worked so well for King Canute. :rolleyes:

nm

BTW: James Hansen says this summer’s heat waves are “almost certainly” caused by global warming.