If you could invite anybody to your dinner party

Anybody, living or dead or fictional…who would you invite?

Jesus, Bill Clinton, Dennis Rodman, Rudy Giuliani, JFK, David Letterman, Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Janet Reno, John Summers, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, Gandhi, Pete Townsend, Roger Daltrey, all of the Beatles, Janis Joplin, Joan Jett, The Wilson Sisters, Howard Cosell, Muhammad Ali, Cesar Chavez, C.S. Lewis, Gary Larson, Jerry Seinfeld, Richard Pryor, Mike Meyers, '70-79 Pittsburgh Pirates, John Belushi, John Meynard Keynes, my dad, Oprah, Rosie O’Donnell, Pam Anderson, Abe Lincoln, Gilda Radner, Dr. Seuss, Norman Schwarzkopf, Don Felder, Randy Meisner, Joe Walsh, Glen Frey, Jackson Brown, Stevie Wonder, friends and family, am I forgetting someone?

I’m going to narrow that question down to “Who would you invite from the SDMB to dinner - living or dead?” So, let’s see…

If I were only allowed one person I would say right now I’d like to meet glee in person. I’m sure I could come up with some nice big, yummy dinner if anyone else would like to join us though. Say…gobear, Cervaise, manhattan, Esprix, imthjckaz, Czarcasm, and Polycarp, just to name a few. Oh, what conversations we would have! :smiley:

Abe Lincoln, JFK, John Wooden, Bob Costas, Martin Luther King Jr., Harrison Ford, Rick Pitino, Nolan Ryan, Tiger Woods, Carol King, Oprah Winfrey, Ann Richards, Barbar Bush, Pat Summit, and friends.

I dunno…maybe Unca Cecil?

Guinastasia, Mademoiselle, Octavia Bunion-Smythe Esq.

I’m shy, and prefer to have good friends around- they’re my only good-friends-that-I’ve-never-met. I’d like to meet them. There’re lots of others I’d enjoy listening to, at a restaurant or something…

Natalie Wood. Sorry, nobody else is invited. I wouldn’t want this to be a group experience. :wink:

Hmmm . . . I think six is a nice number for a dinner party. And I don’t think politics or religion is a matter for dinner-table discussion, which lets out presidents and gods (though Abraham Lincoln and Zeus would have been fun!). I think I will go woth:

• Dorothy Parker
• Robert Benchley
• Oscar Wilde
• Charles Dickens
• Madame de Staël
• and myself, of course, as hostess.

I posed this question to my accupuncturist once. (I give her a question such as this after each needling.)

I wouldn’t have a dinner party, but would like to dine separately with:

• James Earl Jones (just to hear him talk)
  • the Dali Lama (just to listen to him talk)

Of course, on the invitation, I’d write “His Holiness, the 14[sup]th[/sup] Dalai Lama”

(Even though “Dali” seems to be accepted.)

Judy Chicago.

Rue DeDay - because if he’s as funny in person as he is when he writes, he’d liven any gathering. And if not, he could do the dishes.

Also, Richard Feynman, Red Skelton, Harpo Marx, John and Abigail Adams, and one more person who shall remain unnamed, but he has amazing eyes and my twisted sense of humor. I’d probably let my husband come, too. :smiley:

Marty Feldman?

I’d invite Escoffier, Irma S. Rombauer, Edouard de Pomiane, James Beard, and Craig Clairbourne, and make them cook the dinner.

Well, it would have to be better than my last party. I invited Ambrose Bierce, Judge Crater, Amelia Earhart, and Jimmy Hoffa. I even set up a kiddie table for the Lindbergh Baby and Little Charley Ross.

There were a lot of leftovers.

sick! sick! sick!
(but dern funny!)
Maybe Amelia was bring them all in. Jimmy was late 'cause he was at a Giants game.

I’ll stop now.

Gandhi
Emperor Hirohito
Stalin
Hitler
JFK
Mother Teresa
Albert Einstein
Stanley Kubrick
J.D Salinger
Roosevelt (both of them)
Larry Flynt

I’d imagine that it would be quite a dinner party

Remember to slip Hirohito, Stalin, Hitler, Larry Flynt and Mother Teresa the bad shrimp . . .

Hmm…We’re allowed dead people, AND fictional people?

Abdul Al-Hazred
Ghengis Khan
Dr. Anton Phibes
Imhotep (The real one, AND the fictional one, howbout?)
Cobra Commander
Victor Frankenstein
Sergei Korolev
Ada Byron
Albert Speer

Top THAT!
Ranchoth
(…Might have to seat Phibes and Cobra Commander at a separate table, though. Due to the need for…“Special eating arrangements”)

Frank Zappa, Roger Waters, Stephen King, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Bob Marley, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Gilda Radner, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, John Belushi, Grace Slick, Janis Joplin, George Harrison, Ray Bradbury, Tina Fey, Mike Meyers, and George Carlin. In addition to Barrett and Hyphen from the Straight Dope.

Owen Wilson.

Candlelit dinner for two.

:wink: