If you thought _____ was a sequel to ____ you'd be in for a movie-viewing shock

The Man with the Golden Gun is not a sequel to The Man with the Golden Arm. Neither is Goldfinger, by the way.

Not exactly a sequel, but hilarity ensues when instead of renting the comedy Jack Frost starring Michael Keaton you accidently rent the horror movie Jack Frost.

Those watching Red Shoe Diaries thinking it’s a followup to Princess Diaries might be in for a shock, while those doing the reverse would be majorly disappointed. (My mother, who absolutely loves Princess Diaries, consistently refers to it as Princess Daisy, which was a bit different.)

I’m trying to view the entire series of Capital films. So far I’ve managed to find A, B, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, S, U, V, W, X, Y and Z but not C, N, R or T.

A local art house theater showed Exterminating Angel a few years back. I vaguely thought it was another sequel to that “Schoolgirl by day, hooker by night” movie…

Then there’s that great trilogy, Run, Lola, Run, The Running Man, and Ran.

I thought of another.

**The Other Side of Heaven ** is not a sequel to Far From Heaven.

I thought it was the sequel to The Other Side of the Mountain.

Surface appearances to the contrary, Ray is not a sequel to X.

Don’t forget the prequel, Regarding Henry…

12 Monkeys is not the long-awaited sequel to Twevlve Angry Men.

Be prepared for a roller coaster ride with:
The Wild Bunch, Wild At Heart, Wild Things, Wild Wild West (and possibly even The Wild Thornberrys Movie)

e3

No, The Lion King is not a sequel to The Lion in Winter.

Nor is Caligula a sequel to I, Claudius.

The Devil and Miss Jones is not followed by The Devil In Miss Jones.

Which is not a sequel of the Wind and the Lion…

Toy Story may be a sequel toToys in the Attic

No, *Caligula * fits in somewhere within Claudius.

Um, I think I’d better reprase that one…

A true life example:

My ex-girlfriend’s mother really liked Nicholas Cage in the whimsical comedy Honeymoon in Vegas. She was really looking forward to seeing him in the sequel, Leaving Las Vegas. Apparently she got quite a nasty shock.

**Black hawk Down is ** not a sequel to Watership Down(though the idea of cartoon bunnies with M-16’s running around East Africa would be quite strange).

**Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas ** is not a sequel to Hollymoon in Vegas, and Leaving Las Vegas is not related to either.

National Treasure ** is not a sequel to the Treasure of the Sierra Madre**.

The **Crow: City of Angels ** and **City of Angels ** have nothing to do with each other.

For that matter, **the Crow ** is not a sequel to the Maltese Falcon.

Anyone who watches Road to Perdition expecting to see a new Bing Crosby/Bob Hope movie will be quite dissapointed.

Don’t forget the prequel:
Run, Ronnie, Run

In the Heat of the Night is not a sequel to Heat

The Village is not a sequel to Our Town