If you were arrested for a high-profile crime, what about you would the media have a field day with?

Schizophrenia, no doubt.

Yes, I’ve beeen diagnosed with it. Yes, many, many murderers and other violent criminals in the news lately have it, and it worries me, because it makes the public see all people with schizophrenia as violent.

I’m not harmful to others. I won’t hurt any of you, I promise. Or anyone else.

Schizophrenia, no doubt.

Yes, I’ve beeen diagnosed with it. Yes, many, many murderers and other violent criminals in the news lately have it, and it worries me, because it makes the public see all people with schizophrenia as violent.

I’m not harmful to others. I won’t hurt any of you, I promise. Or anyone else.

Let’s see

Long history of mental illness

Weird blog

Own the book Home Workshop Explosives

Pictures of me in a home made clown costume on the internet

I’m Canadian.

I look so sweet and innocent. They’d probably find the sweetest, most innocent picture of me that they could and then show it next to my mugshot a million times, like what went wrong with her?

Actually that is pretty creepy:). Any story behind it?

In regards to the OP, I’m a single guy with few friends and haven’t been in a serious relationship in about a decade. The thing they’d really latch onto is my crossdressing, saying it was a sign of deep personal demons. Hey just because you slip into an evening gown once in a while isn’t necessarily a sign of deep emotional traumas.

I think you mean “exploding rounds.”

Perhaps I don’t own many “high powered rifles” because none are a massive .223 inches, only a puny .30 inches plus. Also none are black.

How similar I am to the latest psycho in job history etc. Not a zero online presence like him, nor so withdrawn. Introversion, mental health.

That I’m a member of a subversive online site known as the “Straight Dope Message Board.” What is that, some kind of drug internets!?

Ha! :slight_smile:

• I own multiple firearms (inherited when my father died).
  • The only movie I own is rife with violence (Green Street Hooligans, in case you wonder).
  • Have seen psychologists on-and-off. (For teenage angst, and later grief counseling.)
  • Writes short stories with violent themes. (I’m a writer! You could also find sexual themes, feminist themes, man vs. nature, finding onesself, Southern fiction…etc. etc. in my writing.)
  • Recently got out of a long-term relationship (and we’re on good terms, but whatever).
  • Considered rather odd (and bubbly and considerate) by her friends and coworkers.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=648073&

View my shame

My sister was saying something about the Batman guy having 12,000 rounds on him or in his apartment or something like that and that she doesn’t think anyone should ever be allowed to have that much ammo. She mellowed out a bit when I mentioned two of our friends that are gun nuts (that she knows very well) that both have hundreds of guns and probably hundreds of thousands of rounds in their houses. Hell, my understanding is that many people will buy 12,000 rounds just because they’re on sale. It’s not unusual to shoot a thousand rounds in a few hours at the range. But these people are both normal, well adjusted guys. The batman guy has problems. Even if he only had 100 bullets and a few handguns, he still would’ve been a problem. But I digress.

Anyways, I think the only thing they’d dig into with me is that I’m Italian, in Milwaukee and in the produce business. If someone did enough digging, they’d manage to find mob ties. Not by blood (that I know of), but there are old business partnerships that used to exist between my family and some well known mobsters. My dad testified before a grand jury once when there was a case involving someone that was involved in Goodfellas (they used a different name in the movie).

I’m pretty far removed from it all (I’ve met one person one time) so I can’t imagine anything would become of it. My dad hasn’t been involved in any of it in 20 years and it was all on the up and up (at least his dealings were).

Am I going to Hell because I giggled at the fact that **EmilyG **double-posted her comments about being schizophrenic? :smiley:

(And yes, I know schizophrenia doesn’t really mean that. But I still chuckled).

/window seat, please

The will make a compelling story out of the fact that I have nothing unusual in my background. Headline: ANYONE CAN GO BAD!

Lives alone, quiet, keeps to herself, extremely intelligent…

I hope my neighbors are quaking in their boots :slight_smile:

I do have a history of making posts that are the internet equivalent to drive-by-shootings. People shoulda known… :eek:

Another one in the “Enough weaponry to take down Seattle” category. Multiple firearms, massive amounts of ammo, bladed weapons all over the place…nothing unusual. They would probably run with the fact that I keep a loaded pistol in bathroom, though.

And the cats.

I’ll join you in that basket b/c OH LORD so was I.
The media will doubtlessly zero in on my Weird Al collection.

Oh dear, I didn’t mean to double-post.

Or did I? :wink:

You keep a loaded pistol in the cats?

That seems a bit extreme…

“When they take away our cats’ guns…” :smiley:

Oh, lord. I’m a LARPer with a history of mental problems, and I am in costume in half or more of my pictures online.

You can just explain that the cats are your targets, and you used to have a LOT more of them.