If you were asked to be a moderator here, would you accept?

Happy anniversary to us! 1/27/15- the descent into madness began.

It’s dark down here. And cold; so very cold.

And there are…

things.

With dead, cold, eyes.

Those are the Charter Members.

I wanted to years ago but now I wouldn’t do it if I you paid me. I cannot stand the people who decide to combat every. single. moderator action, sometimes for pages upon pages, arguing over some nitpicking pedantic little point. I think I’d up and murder someone.

Besides, I am way more busy these days.

Barring weird yet unknown rules I probably would say yes.

Sure.

But also pretty sure I wouldn’t be asked.

I’ve heard y’all float down there . . .

Not interested. I’ve spent enough lifespan enforcing rules on others for pay that I don’t want to do it now for free (actually at all). Also, I’m just not good at wagon-circling.

I was a mod for a few years on a hobby board.

Hell no. It was way too emotionally draining.

No. I wonder how many hours Idle has spent in 2016 comparing IP addresses. On the positive side, it does give make me appreciate all the effort. If I wanted that much reality in my life I would have become a cop.

Not a chance. I have to suffer fools in my job. No way would I want to do it for a volunteer gig. Besides, I rack up enough notes and warnings already. Give me a whiff of perceived power and I would abuse the snot out of it.

Not for all the tea in China. I’ve modded two forums and admin’d another, it was ridiculously time consuming, and I found I had little tolerance for moderating the behavior of grown adults who couldn’t be decent or respectful of others.

It sounds like a lot of work; and I would probably have to attempt to sound more intelligent than I am, so definite no. I would be flattered though if asked.

You might wanna reconsider. China produces 855,190 metric tons of tea leaf annually. At commodity prices of $1.86 per kilogram, you’re missing out on at least $1,590,653,400.

Well, in that case, maybe.

I’ll need to hear more about the party favors provided at the mod team orgies before I submit my response.

My professional life is too much like the moderator’s job. It would be a busman’s holiday and therefore not nearly enough fun to justify the time spent. As others have said, perhaps after retirement.

I ran chatrooms for years. It’s exhausting and oftentimes highly unrewarding, the occasional highs of a Red Queen “Off with their heads!” moment aside.

I’m happy as heck just writhing about here in the gutter with other lower life forms. :smiley:

No, because I don’t spend enough time here, don’t know all the rules, and would not enforce the ones I do know.

It appears Barkis is UN-Willin’ :cool: