I'll Kill The Bastards

Sorry, got off topic there for a second. I also meant to post that I also know what it is like to be robbed. I used to share an apartment with one of my friends, and one of her idiot boyfriends stole several hundred dollars worth of jewelry from me.

Shadowfox
“Most people would succeed in small things, if they were not troubled with
great ambitions.”

• Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)

Anyway what’s this subtext Homer keeps talking about? Rape?

Shadowfox, the only honest answer is, “Because I’m an idiot.” I was at a theater in the town where I went to college, which is known for having a very low crime rate. I figured it would be safe.

It was a beauty, too; one of the '65 reissues, red with white binding and an ebony fingerboard. Man, do I miss it.

“I love God! He’s so deliciously evil!” - Stewie Griffin, Family Guy

Natural disasters, true; but I was pointing out the scope of things lost, not the perpetrator of the loss, be it natural or human. Compared with what people have lost in North Carolina, Colombia, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Turkey, Greece, and who knows where else lately, the loss of a CD player (or a whole flippin’ car, for that matter) is pretty small potatoes, wouldn’t you say?

The name Pickman’s Model comes from the short story by H.P. Lovecraft, “Pickman’s Model”, which has been covered in at least two other threads that I know of. If you have never read Lovecraft, then your literary education has been seriously constrained, and I urge you strongly to visit your nearest bookstore and purchase several of his anthologies at the earliest convenience. :slight_smile:

Okay, people, I’ve been gone for I-week, but I’ve got a day off for rest and relaxation, and I’ve decided to check back on my thread. Clarifiers: My dad has haggled with his insurance, and homeowner’s will replace the CDs for a $65 deductible. My head unit is a discontinued model, the comparable being worth about $100 more. So that covers the deductible. In light of this, I’m somewhat less angry, but I’m still paying $165 to get back stuff I already had. That’s bullshit. Personal Notes:

Melanie - Go to hell. Fuck off. Eat shit and die. Whatever. That’s not something you say to a person. Ever heard of tact? Fuck. Even people who told me the same thing said it in a much less acidic way. And yes, they did try to steal my car, thank you. That’s what a portion of the interior damage was. In closing, Fuck you.

Ed - Please read my clarifier. Again, I was not speaking about the entire race. I was speaking only about the people living in the apartment complex.

To all who have been supportive - Thank you.

To all who have called me on racism - I tire of explaining myself. I’ve done so in two seperate places now, so please, read them before any further judgements are made.
To all who have been crass bastards about this - I hope someone steals everything you own. Yeah. I owned that stuff, some clothes, and that’s about it. Good thing my gymbag wasn’t in there, that would have contained about half my closet. As I said, I’m not rich.

The scope of a loss is known only by the person losing it. An outside viewer can say “It’s only material things. Get over it!” They can say “You shouldn’t have left them in your car, you stupid idiot!” They can say “It’s only $1500 worth of stuff.” Or even “Nobody died. Stuff can be replaced. People can’t.” But no one can assess an items value but it’s owner. And you don’t know what it’s like until it happens to you. Yes, someone stole your lunchbox in third grade. Most likely, big fucking deal. For you now, big fucking deal. Your mom said big fucking deal. But to you, it was a lot more. At least then, it was. Maybe even now it still is. Only the person losing the item knows it’s value. Only the person losing it knows how much it means to them. Rational or not, it still retains meaning, and your saying it doesn’t does not change that fact. You cannot know what happened that night meant to me, or how it affected me. Not by reading my posts, not by spending a day with me, not even by being my best friend for two years could you know how much I was affected by that. I know she didn’t. Yeah. It’s just stuff. But it was my stuff, dammit, and no one had the right to take it from me.

We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.

I had a really long post written out. But fuck it. You aren’t worth it Homer.
I am glad they stole your stuff. If you can’t see what is wrong with the stuff you wrote, I hope they steal from you again.
God.
Thick. Thick, you are.
If you aren’t racist, maybe you shouldn’t have mentioned how you seem to think all Mexicans have 12 children.

In other words homer, Fuck off and die.

pat

Or how he classifies all Mexicans living in his complex as:

“illegal immigrant, lawn care working, rusted out econoline driving, dirty, sweaty, greasy, mexican bastard that I see pulling up into this $200 a month apartment complex to walk in to his filthy wife preparing food for his twelve unwashed children.”

But he isn’t a racist. No-siree.

Get a clue, Homer. You stink of racism and you’re disgusting. Don’t look towards me for any sympathy for your stollen property.

Pig

>^,^<
KITTEN
Seven days of sex makes a whole week.

Ok, I spoke too quickly and with anger. I am sorry for the harsh words Homer.
It just made me mad how you seemed to gloss over the violence against a group of people your words seemed to evoke. You apology was weak, and this new post was even weaker.
I just don’t think you got the point alot of people were trying to make when they pointed out the racism of your post. Your apology was definitely half assed. It just seemed racist, you said. But, it was a heck of alot more than seemed. It WAS.
I am sorry I got so mad. You seem like an intelligent dude, and I realize the loss of property made you angry, but I still don’t think the slights you made were called for, nor do I think you ever made any kind of apology for them.

pat

You think you hate the people in that apartment complex? Keep swearing at melanie and you’re gonna have a whole bunch of angry New Yorkers on your tail. You’ll really hate us, so back off, chief.

And as long as you’re hating entire apartment complexes for a theft that you suspect was committed by a resident or two, consider the following: virtually every resident of that complex who did not steal your stereo has to live in the midst of thieves.

Perhaps they had rent money, or their stereos, or things just as valuable stolen from them by your new friends. Perhaps, if you weren’t being so unreasonable about things, you and the police might even have received help finding the perpetrators. But no. You decided to hate an entire ethnicity instead, backing off only when people correctly called you on it.

Putz.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

You know in the midst of all the cussin, and fightin. We missed one of the best jokes ever. Well, I saw it. I just thought it was a good time to have some thing to laugh at.

RTA taught the world to laugh with:

Melanie told you then truth, so stop throwing a tantrum. She was honest. It was the truth. Deal with it. That you don’t like it doesn’t change that. And she didn’t even need to resort to the “fuck” overuse to make her point.

You also didn’t explain anything away about your hideously racist comments. I agree with Zette; sometimes things are said in fury that we regret later. As repulsive as they were, I was willing–almost–to grant you that. But you’ve only further revealed your stupidity and arrogance. Even though you don’t own much, you come across as a selfish, spoiled, stereotypically American brat. If you’re not, then act like it.

I used to think the world was against me. Now I know better. Some of the smaller countries are neutral.

Laura’s Stuff and Things

Get a grip before you lose it man.
You deserved everything Melanie said to you and then some. She deserves none of the above vile statements you made in response to her.

I was already prepared to rip into you for being so damn petty even before I saw any of your ignorant racist comments at the end of your OP.

But now I see what your problem is and it appears to be of a psychological nature. I recommend you find at the very least a counselor to help you address some of your problems.

In the meanwhile, please try to maintain some civility on this board. I assure you that no one here is responsible for your loss.

It’s good to know that you only stereotype and hate the Mexicans who are withing a close proximity of you. All of them.

Yer pal,
Satan

Homer said in the OP: “Last night, some friends and I grifted some keys to a ‘real life’ haunted house on the UMKC campus (my college).”

Let’s see, my dictionary says the following:

“grifted: (verb, transitive)
To obtain by swindling or cheating.”

So, how did you get those keys? Did someone just give them to you, or did you have to swindle and cheat them out of somebody? And how does this differ from your stuff being taken from you? Both could be considered “stealing” in my book. Remember, you used the word “grifted”. You must have had a reason. Tell us all more about those “grifted” keys, Homer.

Homer,

I’m prepared to accept that you would have chosen your words more carefully had you not been so damn angry at the time - and I understand that you’re angry, I experienced the same thing.

Having said that, I know one thing about anger: no matter how raw the emotions may be, and no matter how poor they are voiced, the emitted emotions are still very true at the core.

You attempts to dismantle that timebomb you created for yourself failed completely. The doubt is gone, but not in your favour. You’re a racist in my book.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Hey Coldfire, will you lay off bjOrn alrea…oh, wait a minute, wrong thread. Sorry about that. :wink:

I borrowed them from an architecture student who has access to work on projects. He’s a friend of mine, and he gave them to me knowingly and willingly.

Homer, I hope that someday in the future you’ll be able to look back on your posts in this thread and be as disgusted with what you wrote as most everyone else here seems to be. Yes, you got some shit stolen, but no, it’s no excuse for the string of racial slurs you spewed.

Don’t know what to add. I’ve never been robbed that badly. Once a car was broken into and we lost a purse hidden under the seat.I was lucky to have left something not locked.All the other cars had broken windows.In Miami.Once I was moving apartments and a person walked in and stole a pair of headphones, a cold beer and an uncooked steak. Shall we wrap this up with that?

Well, Homer, looks like your Odyssey might have just begun…
I, too, had something very dear stolen from me. A while back, at a country juke joint, my beloved’s intended engagement ring, diamonds, was stolen out of his briefcase in the car. It belonged to his grandmother, and he was planning on giving it to me directly. The criminal was almost certainly black. But, although I had that rage fueled from violation, it never occured to me to direct it towards the color of the person, or to then hurl invectives at everyone who fit the narrow typecasting of anger. That ring was something absolutely irreplacable, something I most probably would have carried sentimentally all my days… (and no insurance could cover the loss) but that loss could not be blamed on the criminal’s heritage. If anything, my husband shouldn’t have been carrying a diamond ring in his briefcase and leaving it in the car.

Of course, no one should steal either, but the world has those risks. You seem to realize the offensiveness of your original invective. I hope that you have the courage to go further to discover why, when you get upset, a hate-filled self rears its ugly head. If you don’t see that as a part of your everyday Homer, ask questions about where that came from. And do the necessary battle to get that crap outta you! You can take emergency situations as a wake up call, and all reponses on this post are pointing you in a pretty good direction.