I'll Kill The Bastards

Ditto to what Satan said. Let me just add that you’re an idiot for leaving all of your “prized possesions” in a car. FYI, it’s really easy to break into a car. I bet if you had a nicer car they would’ve/could’ve taken that, too.

Everyone’s had something stolen/damaged. Get over it and deal with it - worse things are going to happen to you.

Happened to me as well, Homer. And to top it off, I’ve got a Jeep with a soft top; the fucksticks punched through my window with a screwdriver, so on top of having to replace my stereo, I had to get a new window as well.

I don’t know how much money you’ll get from insurance (if any), but if you really want to deter theives, there’s a type of deck face that flips itself over and presents the back so that it looks as though there’s no stereo there. And, FWIW, since i’ve started taking my face of regularly, the slime haven’t messed with my stereo. They did get into the Jeep twice more, but by that time I had already learned to not lock my doors and to not leave the face lying underneath my seat for the night.

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Fantastic User sez:

Does this remind anyone else of when you were about 6 years old and playing a game with someone and they would say “You’re cheating! I’m gonna call the cops and they’ll arrest you!”

Ha.

Well Konrad, if racism is the same to you as a kid’s game, I suppose people will have their suspisions about you as well.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Homer, you need to look at things from a wider perspective.

That said, what did you think of Epperson?

Waste
Flick Lives!

Having stuff stolen really sucks.
*Ran out of gas once one the highway. When I got back to the car, someone had stolen my battery!
*Someone stole a 10-speed bike off my front porch once.
And here’s the doozie idiocy…
I leave my house one morning, and be-bop to my car, and push my favorite Styx tape. (Hey, this was a long time ago) What do I hear? Nothing! Well, having a history of doing things ‘just adequate’, I wasn’t too worried. I figured the speaker wire had come undone, since I hadn’t ever bother to hide it. So I carefully traced the wire from the back of the stereo, along the side of the car, then near the back of the car, I found where one of the wires had come unhooked! Now I just needed to find out where the wire from the speaker was! I looked and looked. Eventually i was pissed off enough to start from the speaker and trail the wire back to where it’s end was. Only then did I realize someone had stolen my speakers out of the back of my car. We’re talking probably 20 minutes I was out there.

On a side note, a friend of a friend who was a big time thief (and he’s now in prison for rape, the dirty bastard) used to screw razor blades to the back edge of his car stereo to fuck-up anybody who tried to steel his (probaby stolen) stereo. I guess there’s no honor among thieves?

Enright3

Well, Homey, I was feeling sorry for you 'til the last paragraph. Now I just laugh. I’ve heard it said that anger sometimes brings out one’s true feelings. If that’s so, seems you got exactly what you deserved. Must really suck having to live next to people like that. Of course, I mean the Mexicans having to live next to racists.

I’ve had things stolen and know how mad you are.

I don’t however care for your racist generalizations, and deflamations. You can stick that crap up you ass. I’m not a minority either. Don’t blame a whole group of people for the actions of a few. I have had friends of many ethnic backgrounds and for all of us I say Fuck You.

Coldfire: Wow, you sure can draw 'dem conclusions.

1. How does what I said imply that racism is a kid’s game? I was pointing out that the poster had no clue about how this board is moderated. I made no judgement about the OP.

2. Even if I did mean then so what? Because I don’t take it seriously people will “have their doubts about me”?

Think twice. Post once.

Homer:
I think you’ve taken enough crap about the mexican thing(This coming from one ;-), so when you find the bastards call me and I’ll bring my baseball bat. It seems like some of the posters here have never been robbed like that. Homer certainly seems to understand the difference between material possesions and the devastation of the act of violation.
Once, I was moving from California to Texas and had a 2 day old car stolen with EVERYTHING we had in it, including my sons diaper bag! Yep, stuck in the middle of nowhere with no diapers or formula or a way to get out. Well, they found the guy, and let him out on bail. Haven’t heard anything about him since. The car was trashed, everything was gone and it has affected me ever since. I’m not phobic or anything, this is four years past now and you’re right, I don’t even remember all the things that were stolen,but I can still feel that helpless feeling whenever I think about it.

“The world is not five hours old and evil has already entered it” - Aslan
The Magician’s Nephew

Some people value others possesions enough that they would steal.

Others value their own possesions so much they become extremely violent.

Consider your priorities closely.

Konrad, people have been censored on this board for statements much less inflammatory than those in the OP.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

True, Rilchiam, but that’s not what Konrad meant: he was reacting to me, whereas I was reacting to his analogy kid’s game / other poster pointing out racism, which in turn was a reaction to the OP.

Still with me :slight_smile: ?

Konrad: I’m sure that’s not how you meant things, in hindsight. That’s why I formulated it so diplomatically. Rest assured, if I really though you were being racist, I would have been VERY clear about it. Let’s just say it was a poor analogy, dangerously open for harmful interpretation. And yeah, I’m always one to draw a conclusion faster than lightning :slight_smile:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Maybe the meaning of the posts have flown over my head, if so, forgive me for butting in.

But - the statement from Fantastic User AKA Contestant #3. . . .

. . . and noticed by RTA. . .

. . . really had nothing to do with the OP, but reminded Konrad (and myself). . . .

. . . of those immature, childish games we used to play when we were kids (and obviously some continue to play when they become adults). You know the type, the kid gets into trouble for something bad and now he is on alert to tattle to momma each and every “no-no” his brothers and sisters make. If HE gets a spanking, he is going to make damn certain EVERYONE gets a spanking.

I think you missed the mark here Coldfire with your knee jerk reaction. . .

He was not disagreeing that the OP did not reek of racism, in fact, Konrad’s post had nothing to do with the OP. He was not comparing racism to a kid’s game He was only pointing out the pouting, “I’m telling momma”, whiny bullshit from old Con.

Granted, if the post was made by another poster (including myself, since I think the moderators should be notified of such blatant, hateful racist remarks), then Konrad, RTA, and now myself, would not have noticed the irony or found it funny that Con #3 knows first hand how hard momma’s hand can paddle the ol bum.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Seven days of sex makes a whole week.

Homer, I can empathize with your anger at being robbed. It’s happened to me, although not on so large a scale. If I were you, I’d be madder than hell. However, I think there are two things you need to take a look at.

One: it’s a CD player. It’s not your mother or your sister or your girlfriend or one of your body parts. I realize that it represented a lot of time and hours and investment to obtain. But you said yourself that insurance will replace most of it. How about if you were living in North Carolina and lost everything, like some of those folks have? Worse yet, how about if you were living in a place like Colombia and a volcano erupted and took your house, took your possessions, took your family, and left you with nothing----- and you had no insurance whatsoever, like those people don’t, and you just had to eat the loss? I’d say that comparitively, you’re not so bad off. It’s a reflection of our society here in America that we get so worked up about things, when a goodly percentage of the world can’t even feed themselves. Besides that, a good many people (Lincoln comes to mind) have been robbed or left with bad debts and have been forced to work years to replace or make good what was lost, and have come out stronger and wiser because of it. This is an opportunity for personal growth and the acquisition of personal maturity, my friend. Use it wisely.

Two: If I were you, I’d soft-peddle the “I’ll kill the bastards” bit. Have you ever killed another human being? Ever taken a rifle and fired it into the body of another person, at close range? I have. I experienced all of the aspects of that action, sights, sounds, smells, emotions, all of the stuff that you never get a feeling for by going to Arnold Schwartzeneggar movies, and I’ll tell you something, my friend, it ain’t what you think it is. When you kill somebody, murderous rage or not, after it’s over, you can’t just shake hands with the corpse and let bygones be bygones, and everybody will be happy because everything is just like it was before…real life is not a movie. When you kill someone, they don’t get back up and walk around after you cool off. It is irrevocable, and you will live with your action for the rest of your life. At least I had a resonable excuse for what I did; I was a guy in the wrong uniform, in the wrong country, at the wrong time, and the guy I shot was doing his damndest to kill me first. You don’t have that excuse-----you’re angry because somebody stole your stuff. Perfectly understandable, but it does not add up to a reason to take somebody’s life. Settle down, and think long and hard about the wide picture and the consequenses of your actions, my friend. I offer this as friendly advice from an old codger who’s been there and done that.

Okay, lecture is over. Flame away if you feel like it, but it won’t alter the facts.

No excuse. And no meaningful apology. I understand violation. I understand venting. I understand emotional release. Do you understand racism?

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity

Note to Pickman’s Model(interesting name BTW, where’s it from?):The examples you gave were natural disasters, not something another person did to you with no regard to you.

“The world is not five hours old and evil has already entered it” - Aslan
The Magician’s Nephew

Yeah, so? Is a car stereo actually, really worth permanently ending the life of another human being, and carrying all the emotional baggage that comes with it? I hardly think so.

And I do understand; 7 years ago, my wife and I walked out of a movie theater to find our passenger side window gone, a cinderblock in our back seat, and a $2,500 Fender Telecaster and $800 amplifier missing.

“I love God! He’s so deliciously evil!” - Stewie Griffin, Family Guy

Users are requested to refrain from posting racist remarks on this MB. Further instances of such postings will be deleted.

PLDennison, just one question…why did you have a $2,500 Fender Telecaster and $800 amplifier sitting in your car? If I owned something like that, I would keep it in a safe deposit box. Of course, you’re a musician (I assuming) so you probably use the things on a regular basis. Still, I bet you cried. A Fender, man I would cry my eyes out over a loss like that. Screw the CD player (not literally).

Shirley UJest: It’s beginning to sound like if we gave out awards for the worst experience ever experienced (geez, that sounds bad, but can’t think of a better way to put it), I could be in the running. I’m sure, however, that some of my fellow Dopers have had much worse things happen to them, they simply choose not to discuss them here. Funny thing is, I’ve told you things that I’ve never told my own family. I guess it’s easier for me to confide in strangers than it is to tell my friends or family.

Shadowfox
“Most people would succeed in small things, if they were not troubled with
great ambitions.”

• Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)