I'm a fat, lazy, sexist pig making minimum wage. Whose with me?

I’m 19 years old. I live w/ my parents. I work in a grocery store for $5.15/h. I HATE MY LIFE!!!

Anyone else in the same boat?

No, I’m a fat, lazy progressive making more than minimum wage, but still not enough to pay all my bills on time. And I only live at my parents’ when I’m house-sitting.

Seventeen, senior in high school, living with my parents.
I have $16 in my savings account.
I worked for the United Artists Coronet over the summer (not really embarrassed of that, I liked it), and I’m looking forward to maybe working in a Christmas tree lot this winter.
Yee-haw.
Don’t get me started on luck with girls.

JMcC, San Francisco
http://members.tripod.com/~weirdstuff/index.html
“Hear the voices in my head, I swear to God it sounds like they’re snoring”

43, with an 18 year old daughter that just moved back in after a failed experiment with her own apartment and a roommate.

She’s got a good (relatively) job, but blows all her money on beer and cigarettes, and whatever else she blows it on. She has come pretty near to the end of the string.

Quitcherbitchin. Most folks have worked for minimum wage at one time or another. If you do things right, you can move on. But nobody starts at the top.

Losing most of your money gambling, when you are behind on your bills already, doesn’t help matters either.

Gonna be a wild Thanksgiving in our house.

Been there done that… well not the fat, lazy part. I worked minimum wage back when I was (painfully says) younger… It was $3.00 an hour then…

I am me… accept it or not.

When I was 18 I lived in my own place and stuff, but I made $2.70/hr waiting tables at Pizza Hut. This was in 1990, and NO the tips did NOT always make up the difference. Lunch rush at Pizza Hut gets you a quarter a table tip more often than not–people think of it as fast food or something. Stupid people.

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Interesting member profile there, Jack Squat. Wazzup wit’ dat? Or are you just here to annoy the hell out of the rest of us?

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

…and your mother dresses you funny.

Fat and lazy isn’t so bad if you watch your cholesterol and be creatively lazy. The sexist pig part, hard to find women into that but not completely impossible. I’d lose it. Been a long time since I made minimum wage. Now I’m pulling down - forget it, I don’t want you to stick your head in the oven.

As much as you hate times like this it will temper you and hopefully motivate you to change the situation. No one else will do it for you.

At one time in my adult life I wished I could make minimum wage. I was selling Kirby vacuum cleaners door to door. Talk about hating life, I should have changed my name to “Dick Broke.” I was so desperate that no pit bull was mean enough to keep me out of a front yard. When you get to the point of selling blood plasma to put gas in your car nothing will stop you. “No soliciting” sign? Ha! Didn’t stop me. I’d walk right up to the door, past the police car in the driveway, and try to sell them a vacuum.

I hated that time in my life but I learned that if I could knock on the door of a mobile home and within two hours have someone signing a loan application for a vacuum cleaner I could do anything.

Padeye: I too worked ‘selling’ Kirby vacuum cleaners! Wasn’t that the WORST! I never sold a single one because after my ‘manager’ sealed the deal they would always call later, after the husband got home, saying to come and pick it back up. Glad it is in the past.

“Let me fall out of the window with confetti in my hair…”
Tom Waits

my minimum wage was $1.65…Yikes! does that date me or what!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Jacknife2000,

If you are a fat lazy, sexist pig, the be happy that your parents allow you to live with them.

Do you pay rent ? Do you have to buy your own food ?

Be glad you HAVE a job.

And please, please post in the pit ! I will boil your socks for you just because of your profile !

I understand resenting the way your life is right now, but there is no reason to be a horse’s behind like that with your profile.
When you mature things will get better, you will get your own place, if you stop being a sexist pig you may even get a girl.
Kids, sheesh !

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

You also used the wrong form of who’s in your thread title.

Just wait until April 15th, then everything gets even better.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Here I thought this was a thread by Mark Serlin :wink:

I thought Pizza Hut was fast food Opal?
http://dfwmusic.com/fastfood/links.html

:wink:

“Teaching without words and work without doing are understood by very few.”
-Tao Te Ching

Jack – be glad for your minimum wage. I’d give anything to make that right now. As it is, I can’t find even a crappy job. I have to beg my parents to pay all of my bills, and if I want to go anywhere I have to let my friends pay for everything. I can’t even buy a Coke from a vending machine on my own.

Cessandra

Why sex is better than religion: You can scream “Oh, God” during sex, but just try saying “Oh, f***” in church!

Heh. No. It isn’t. You wait to be seated, a wait person making significantly LESS than minimum wage takes your drink and food orders and waits on you hand and foot until you leave, just like any other restaurant. And they rely on your tips for their income. In fact, you have to report your tips at the end of each day, because the law says the restaurant has to reimburse you the difference up to minimum wage (BUT they do it on a paycheck-by-paycheck basis, not daily…) and the chances of you getting fired if the store has to do that are about guaranteed.

Oh, and do NOT order takeout pizza and then seat yourselves and eat in the restaurant, unless you plan on leaving a tip.

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

hey, jjtm, I used to manage the Vogue. Let me know if you want any good funny stories about your old boss, heh heh.

Oddly, at the worst job I ever worked, I was making MORE than minimum wage. That was telemarketing… I made $7.50 an hour, plus commissions (which I never made). Ewww. Icky icky icky. I took a ceremonial bath as soon as I quit, for spiritual cleansing purposes. Gross.

Anyway, I’m currently working 18 hrs/week at two jobs at minimum wage (appx $7/hr… but that’s Canadian money, remember). They’re at two libraries at my university, and they’re… tolerable, but drudgery. (Shelving, sorting, and collecting books.) The last time I worked for minimum wage was also at a library, but it was much more fun since I had more diverse things to do.

The best job I’ve had so far was at Air Canada’s in-flight magazine. Full-time job, $10/hr, cool co-workers, really diverse things to do (research, organizing books, faxing, receptionist, fetching coffee from the 2nd Cup, giving the boss blowjobs… just kidding!) I really liked that job. Besides, some of the time they didn’t have anything for me to do and I just surfed the net. Joy. :slight_smile:

Right now I’m saving up to move out of my parents’ house, which I anticipate for mid-December. Makin’ a budget and checkin’ it twice. I’m going to find a nice 3 1/2, 4 1/2, or some such, rooming with my ex-boyfriend (fabulous cook). Rent in Montreal is quite cheap.

BTW, I’m kinda fat (although my ex says no… besides, he LIKES chunky guys), although I lost 20 pounds two years ago and I’m much more shapely than I used to be. And I’m not sexist. My political philosophy is humanism. And I don’t think I’m lazy.

I’m not with ya’, you’re on your own.

Ah, my first job at 8, I made $1.75 for three hours of labor selling the Carmel Pine Cone.

These days I volunteer almost 40 hours a week. So, would you like that job? haha