I'm baaaack…

Hey guys. It’s been a while, and I’m not sure if I’m doing this right, but here goes. I’ve been away for too long, but I want to come back and see if I can fit in again My wife died a while ago and I just haven’t wanted to do much of anything (song reference). I don’t know how often I can make myself post, but I’ll trtey my my best to keep up. Also my typing sucks and my fingers don’t want to do any thing either. I’m trying to convince my Doc the I have nueropathy in my hands. Is this the right thread for this?
So howdy, again. I used to really love this place for an infrequent poster. It took me a while to remember my name.

d I

Well, you have a hyphenated name. That’s gonna be tougher to remember.

Welcome back.

Welcome back! Sorry about your wife.

Carry on :saluting_face:

My deepest condolences on the passing of your wife.

Welcome back! I recognized your cool name immediately.

We’re calmer & fewer than 6 years ago. But still a great place to hang out & shoot the breeze.

My condolences for your loss. We have lots of folks who’ve ridden through that valley of misery. If you ever want to commiserate we’re here for that too.

Welcome back! Hope the doc can help with your fingers, but don’t worry too much about bad typing in the meantime.

Don’t believe @LSLGuy about us being calmer. It’s just a mask to hide the unrelenting rage.

@Backwater_UnderDuck, glad to have you! If my mind doesn’t deceive me, I both remember your name and get your song reference. I’m sorry it’s such a sad reason you’ve come back to the fold.

Good pimp. Bad choice of euphemism on my part.

I should’ve said our writing was now less sexy & snarky than way back when.

Pretty impressive, given that they only ever made 4 posts.

I see 6 posts before this one, and from reading them, I conclude that these were posts made after the change in software. Maybe his previous posts never got synced with this user name.

eta: I don’t claim to remember the user name, although it is memorable.

That’s 4 since the cutover.

Original profile over 1100.



We have/had quite a few posters end up with 2 profiles because of the cutover to discourse.

Before asked, we aren’t requiring a merger but @engineer_comp_geek will assist with it if desired.

Well, there’s the problem. You looked at Backwater_Under_Duck but this account is Backwater_UnderDuck. So there are two accounts. (ETA I see you noticed.)

My condolences about your wife, that must have been a very hard time for you. But welcome back, and glad to have you. You will note by skimming some of the threads in the Pit that, six years later, we’re not really calmer at all! Maybe even more obnoxious than ever, at least in the Pit!
:grin:

Sorry to hear about your wife..

I found lurking and posting here helped me to not do much of anything when my
partned died earlier this year !

Welcome back my friend to the show never ends! :grinning_face:

Same.

Been 5 years now for me, but the instant low effort friends on demand we have here was a valuable stabilizer when things got dark & quiet.