I'm crossing my fingers in hopes I'll get hired...

…for a position I’ve been wanting for two years now. Presently I work at the company part-time, but for quite a while I have wanted to become a manager there. At first, I couldn’t simply because I hadn’t finished school. As I was wrapping up my last semester, auditions were being held for a show in May. Just for kicks, I decided to try out, not really thinking I’d have a chance since I wasn’t a Theatre Arts major. To my surprise, I got cast in the play, and decided I would hold off on the career until I finished the play.

Well, now I’m done with the play, and sent off my Cover letter/Resume to them. I plan on sending a followup e-mail if I don’t hear from them in a week, but I am very excited. I worked with several of the management staff, including the woman who is in charge of recruiting/interviews. Many of them are aware of my interest in getting the job, and I have had a great deal of support in pursuing this goal.

There is no guarantee that I will get the job, and my enthusiasm for working there full-time hasn’t stopped me from sending applications elsewhere as well, and following up on other leads. But if anything, I am very excited about the outcome- and if I do get hired, it will be the next major personal goal that I have accomplished after graduation :smiley:

Well, break a leg, then. :slight_smile:

Good luck! Let us know what happens.