I'm employed!

I just got a job! The second one in four days!

I’ve been doing interviews and all kinds of things. Didnb’t get much of anything. On Thursday, I went out for an interview but didn’t really thin I’d get the job. It’s fun, well-paid work recording foundation status in preparation for blasting and mining (among other things).

When I got back home, I picked up the phone and was offereed a job by a totally different company doing something completely different! It was a company I’d always wanted to work with: great place. I went in the very next day to start training.

Today, I woke up and got an offer this very morning (like, 30 minutes ago) from the first company! It’s a good offer and the kind of neat thing I want to do. Good pay (not astounding, but I’m just starting, right?) and intersting work. I was sad to cancel on the people I’d just got in with, but I felt I had to do it. (I was technically temping, too.)

I practically leaped out of my shoes for this one. Ecstatic “Yes!” flew from my joyful lips. I so wanted this job. I wasn’t sure it would be right for me when I first heard about it, but the more I find out about it, the more I like.

Thank you to all the dopers who tolerated my annoying employment rants/depression during my long job-quest.

PS: Thank you God! Happy Easter everyone! I know mine is!

Great news!

May I borrow some of your employment karma? I promise I’ll give it back when I’m done with it.

I’m not sure you really want it… it took a very long time to get started on me… :slight_smile: But I’m thanking it all the same.

Congratulations. Wishing you luck and joy in your new career. :slight_smile:

Great, now you can pay taxes, lots of taxes-way past your fair share of taxes.