I'm glad that gay/lesbian spouses are becoming husband/wife

Well maybe you. But what about the gays with the lisps, the gay walk, the swishy behavior? Dont gays still say “Fabulous!”? Why would they NOT want something to express queerness?

Was Paul Lynn the last of his kind?

If your entire picture of homosexuality is based on a man who died 32 years ago, whose name you don’t even know, maybe you should stop trying to speak for gay people.

Oscar Wilde would call himself something extremely witty.

Spouse seems appropriate now for all, ‘husband and wife’ seem antiquated now with the acceptance of recognized marriages now inclusive of homosexual couples as husband assumes a wife and wife assumes a husband - those terms seem to not be in line of what marriage is anymore.

Of the thousands of gay men I’ve known, I could count the ones matching your description on one hand (not that there’s anything wrong with it).

That’s Paul Lynde.

The words don’t assume that; only the hearer does. The thread is about the fact that that assumption seems to be getting less prevalent. That’s a good thing.

Or the terms becoming archaic is a good thing.

I’ve done exactly that hundreds of times.

We’ve been together almost 14 years and he’s getting a little old for me to keep calling him my boy toy. Husband has been working fine.