I'm going to be an aunt in October.

And in between being thrilled for my brother and sister-in-law, I was feeling a bit hurt that mr. e and I weren’t going to have the first grandchild. I’ve always had an image of my parents holding my child as the first grandchild.

My dad put it in perspective, though, without saying a word about it to me. All he said was “You’ll have yours when the time is right. And then I’ll get to spoil the hell out of them.”.

Obviously, I love my dad. And I feel better - we’re planning for our own in September or so (well, planning to start one then, not have it), so it’s not like I have a lot of time to wait.

So now I get to start their baby’s book collection, go shopping for baby clothes in Target and Kohl’s without freaking out my DH, and throw a baby shower for my SIL (I hope no one else does it because I really want to do it - even if I’m doing it from long-distance). And I’m excited - I get to hold a newborn in October (two, actually, since my cousin’s expecting a baby, too), and have one of my own next year.

And someone pointed out something GREAT - hand-me-downs! We’ll get all of my brother and cousin’s babies’ hand-me-downs so we’ll save a bunch of money that way :D.

E.

Congratulations! :cool: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m going to be an aunt in April, although not for the first time. (I’ve already got 3 nephews and 3 nieces.)

Congrats to the aunt-to-be! I remember when my sister was expecting her first child, how excited I was! And the light in my father’s eyes when he heard the child in the birthing room, through the door.

I think I gave the photographic industry a real shot in the arm, with all the pictures I took

So get a bottle of champagne and get ready to pop the cork! May all the babies in your family have all the parts they are supposed to!