I'm going to be up all night now.

Do I start a candle light vigil? Do I start working on a pit for jerking us around? I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I have the opportunity to do the latter. Either way, I’m not getting any sleep.

I know what you’re talking about.

I’m with you. Getting my candles out. Gonna be up all night. Hoping that we get to get all irate in the Pit.

Hope hope hope hope hope hope hope.

(In case others are unclear what we’re talking about, a recently deleted [or hidden] thread revealed some very distressing news. We are hoping it’s not true.)

Hidden – then not hidden – then hidden again, you mean. Make up your minds, PTB.

Let the joke be on all of us, so long as it isn’t so.

I hate not knowing what things are about.

nosy

We’ve done what we can. And waiting just really, *really *sucks rocks, especially when it’s all you can do.

Email me. I usually don’t check this email address frequently, but I’ll make an effort tonight. Email is in profile.

It disappeared for the second time before I could post…

I’ll be up later than I need to be; I can’t sleep right now either.

I know how you feel. I really hope everything turns out okay.

Thanks, yosemite. I’ll do it right now.

Yeah, I kinda figured it belonged here. It just seemed so tasteless.

I can definitely understand the uncertainty by the mods/admins… This is a very sticky situation, legally, morally, and ethically.

Hopefully things will turn out for the best.

Shit. Shit shit shit. I didn’t even get to post in that thread either, not that it appears to matter anyway.

Oh I don’t falt them at all (for deleting his or moving mine). I just hope they are doing something IRL. Maybe there is a doper that can be contacted that lives close to him…

I’ve just been clued in. Wow. I don’t know what to say or do but wait.

Can someone explain what the hell is going on? Why is everyone so cryptic? And if it can’t be talked about then why have a thread about it?

I feel like I just walked into a room where everybody’s all serious but no one will say why.

With the board gone subscription, they’ll have contact information for him. I fully expect that the thread has been hidden until they can get more information and that one or more of them is on the phone to local authorities about this. We get stuck with waiting.

It’s on the way.

FWIW, he started that thread at 11:20 pm, Eastern Standard Time. His last post prior to that (according to a search I did while the thread was still visible) was at 8:58 pm EST, in the Pit thread “What kind of person feeds this junk to a baby?”.

I dunno. Does anyone know where he lives? If he’s on the west coast, he could have posted in the Pit just before leaving work, while the Scary Thread was made from home and prompted by a phone call.

I could have written your OP myself, Mdm. President. (BTW, cool username! (apologies if that’s irreverent))

I agree with Diogenes. What is everyone rabbiting on about? Has someone been divulging state secrets?