I'm going to buy some crap off Amazon

That’s it. I’m going to do it. I’m going to do it soon. I got a lot of cash for Christmas over presents (cash was on the rise this year), I’ve gained some bucks since then, I’ve never had an opportunity to spend hardly any of it and it’s burning a whole in my pocket. I want to get rid of as much of it as I can.

I’m gonna get some DVDs first:
[ul]
[li]Romeo + Juliet - (John Leguizamo version)[/li][li]Harvey - One of my favorite movies. I dunno why, just because.[/li][li]Wayne’s World - Maybe. It’ll diversify the movie selection and the sibbos’ll like it. [/li][li]Metropolis pre-ordered. Whoo![/li][li]Night of the Living Dead - It would be good to introduce the sibbos to some freakin culture. But which version? There are more versions of that on DVD than there are stars in the sky, I’m afraid. [/ul] [/li]
I wanna get me some paperbacks. The super-cool cheap kind. Lots of 'em. I’m sure it has something to do with my pop culture and other things quirky junkiness. And some of the reasons why I love NOTLD, crappy movies in general, and classic-SF.

Illustrated Man by Bradbury. Definitely.
If I could find a collection of the best stuff from Astounding Science Fiction (Asimov’s Nightfall, for example) I’d get fer ser.
Yeah, I’ll spring for Jennifer Government. The beginning paragraph or two of Cisco’s thread changed my mind (I didn’t want to read anymore, he warned against spoilers after all). Books/movies that just aren’t InstantClassic can be quite the unexpect gem. I bring forth Gladiator, the 1992 version featuring Cuba Gooding Jr. in a supporting role about Inner-Chicago youths who meet at a fight club, which was the subject of a would-be thread entitled, “Blackeyes, his mom, and the ABC midnight movie that came on after The Practice was over and we didn’t want to do anything about it so we watched it” as evidence. John Leguizamo was mentioned in Cisco’s thread, that was the dealmaker.
Solyaris - The movie had me intrigued. So I hope to read the book.
On the Road perhaps. If I get that I’ll get The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. I’m a casual enjoyer of the Beatnik/Hippie groove. Plus, I can go read them in a public place and act superior!

Wilco’s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Common’s Electric Circus for some music.

I think I’m missing some stuff here. Mostly in the books part; I need more books there, but I forgot what was in the original list I created. What does everyone think? Got any suggestions, particularly on books?

I got the package from my $50 gift certificate X-Mas present spent there. I picked up the following for your consideration:

Land of the Lost DVD - I haven’t watched this yet, and am somewhat regretting the purchase. I thought this had all of season one, but instead it has only 4 episodes. The season one disc hasn’t been released yet.

Audition DVD - A fantastic movie out of China. Starts off as almost a romantic comedy, but sure as hell doesn’t end that way. I recommend highly, but only if you are not too squeamish.

Everything I Learned About Moviemaking I Learned from the Toxic Avenger by Lloyd Kaufman (I am sure the title is off a bit) - I’m a pseudo-fan of Troma films (Tromeo and Juliet, Toxic Avenger, Class of Nukem’ High). It is surprisingly well written and funny. I had no idea the guy who makes these films attended Yale University.

The Goodfella Cookbook - picked it up based on what I have read here. Not tried any recipes yet, but it is very good reading.
As far as Night of the Living Dead goes, stick with the original. I’ve seen both versions (are there only two, the b&w and the color with the sexy redhead) and the b&w is perfect for conveying the horror.

I rented Night of the Living Dead the other night and the version I had was the “30th Anniversary Edition,” which had two versions of the movie on it. One was called the “30th Anniversary Edition” and was apparently a remake shot in black and white with horrible actors and, well, the first ten minutes sucked so hard we turned it off. The other was called the “1998 Edition” and it was the original with a brand-new soundtrack. Boo! Hiss! The original was much more effective in its near-silence than the new one with “dramatic” cello bits to let you know when to be scared. So be careful which edition of the DVD you get.

This and this and this and this and this and this, oh and I bet this is interesting, and I’d like to read this. These aren’t books, but I strongly recommend this and this. And this, also not a book, is very cool as well.

What you want to get is Adventures in Time and Space edited by Healey and McComas. (Amazon has it.) It is not totally Astounding, but mostly. It came out in 1946, and is the very best collection of Golden Age sf there is. It has Nightfall, as well as The Roads Must Roll by Heinlein, Who Goes There by Campbell, Black Destroyer by Van Vogt, and on and on. You’ll love it.

What you want to get is used copies of the Graphic Novel The Red Star, and the book The Complete Time Traveller: A Tourists Guide To The Fourth Dimension. Both used.

By a strange co-incidence, somebody just put some copies up there…

Sure, Bosdy Wosdy. Anything ter help out the Grand Poobah.
Compliments of the Comittee of Public Safety.

My Very Personal Assistant Mis Bubbles La Rue gets to call me that. Anybody else–comes the hangman! :mad: :slight_smile:

My apologies, Grand Poobah. If it’s any consolation, I’m still trying to figure out what reason on earth I have for buying those books, other than the fact that they came from Herring.

My First On-Line Attempt to Sell Used Books–Advice? Bosda Di’Chi of Tricor
I’m going to buy some crap off Amazon Blackeyes
I’m tellin you, man; total coincidences.
BTW Bosda, do I even want to get the Complete Time Traveller? It doesn’t have a description to it, so I don’t know what it is. And the Red Star cover makes it look suspiciously… anime
:Shifts eyes around suspiciously: