[QUOTE=Tupug Anachi]
What is this “harbl?”
[/QUOTE]
Urbandictionary. Do you use it?
Short summary; on websites you don’t want to know about it’s used as euphemism for a penis or genitalia in general.
[QUOTE=Tupug Anachi]
What is this “harbl?”
[/QUOTE]
Urbandictionary. Do you use it?
Short summary; on websites you don’t want to know about it’s used as euphemism for a penis or genitalia in general.
[QUOTE=Dante]
There’s even a website for it now:
www.iminurwebsite.com
[/QUOTE]
Oh great!
I just lost the rest of the evening.
[QUOTE=BiblioCat]
I’d love to find that again, or copies of the pictures in jpeg format. I want to send them to my daughter (away at school), one a day, just for laughs. Any one know where to find them or have copies of them?
There was a really cute one that said, “I made you a cookie, but I eated it” that she liked.
[/QUOTE]
The one you want is here.
These ones from LJ are my favourites.
[QUOTE=MostlyClueless]
Short summary; on websites you don’t want to know about
[/QUOTE]
You said that, my mind went ‘4chan’…I clicked the link.
Should I be scared that I was right?
[QUOTE=MostlyClueless]
Urbandictionary. Do you use it?
Short summary; on websites you don’t want to know about it’s used as euphemism for a penis or genitalia in general.
[/QUOTE]
I don’t get it. They debate on whether it originated from “horrible” or “harbor” and ignore the painfully obvious: Hairball, which can naturally be twisted into “hairy balls.” At least, that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw the word.
I can’t find a good link, but my favorite is the dog and cat on the couch in a compromising position: Im on ur couch, sexin ur dog. 
[QUOTE=Jodi]
I can’t find a good link, but my favorite is the dog and cat on the couch in a compromising position: Im on ur couch, sexin ur dog. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
It’s on this page.
[QUOTE=Vinyl Turnip]
Wow, it doesn’t take much, does it? I hope I don’t inadvertently create an Internet meme.
[/QUOTE]
It’s not as hard as it looks. :smack:
Flag on the play! tweet!
I recall in the 1990s (97? 98? Something like that) with the first ‘Age of Empires’ game. When you were playing someone else over the 'net you could send the shortcut message ‘I’m in YOUR town’.
So take your originating sources where they come from! Woot! I’m old!
[QUOTE=Jonathan Chance]
Flag on the play! tweet!
[/QUOTE]
I saw the original article this came from a while ago, with screenshots. Some guy (I think he was a magazine reviewer or something) logged on for a quick game of Starcraft, and proceeded to build up his armada to crush his pimply opponent. The expected rush game in the terrain gap where he was expecting it, but it all went a bit pear-shaped and his prepared defences were being annihilated when he saw the aforementioned “I’m in..” message flash up. He scrolled back to his supposedly well-hidden main base to find it being wiped out, at which point he sent a message like “Sorry, dinners ready, got to go, I’ll call this a draw. GG” and fled. I think I followed a link from one of those cat threads, that for some obscure reason was taking place on a ricing forum
I’ve found some evidence that the phrase actually started in an online comic called Mac Hall. The original was supposed to have been, “IM IN UR BASE!!! I’M KILLING UR MANS!!” It was ostensibly subsequently picked up by the WoW community, where it morphed into the more-familiar form quoted in post #3 above. Can anyone else confirm this?
From, of all things, a discussion about Hebrew terminology:
Ah, here is the original strip referred to above, dated June 22, 2005. It’s plain, now, why the popularity within the WoW community. So, can anyone find an earlier usage?
[QUOTE=Tengu]
You said that, my mind went ‘4chan’…I clicked the link.
Should I be scared that I was right?
[/QUOTE]
Fail. First rule of 4ch, etc. :dubious:
[QUOTE=Q.E.D.]
Ah, here is the original strip referred to above, dated June 22, 2005. It’s plain, now, why the popularity within the WoW community. So, can anyone find an earlier usage?
[/QUOTE]
The quote existed a long time before WoW, and a long time before that strip.
I have always been fond of ceiling cat.
[QUOTE=Taber]
I think my favorite was posted right after the recent election. I can’t find it now, but it shows a cat on a podium with the congressional seal, saying “I’m in ur house, stealin ur seatz”
[/QUOTE]
Best part: that was a photo of Socks.
Oops, forgot to add http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157745 . It goes on and on and on.
[QUOTE=Taber]
I think my favorite was posted right after the recent election. I can’t find it now, but it shows a cat on a podium with the congressional seal, saying “I’m in ur house, stealin ur seatz”
[/QUOTE]
Posted by some druid guy here:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=395534&highlight=political+kitty
But the thread died a lonely death…
![]()
[QUOTE=DarkPrince]
Fail. First rule of 4ch, etc. :dubious:
The quote existed a long time before WoW, and a long time before that strip.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly. It goes back, as I mentioned above, to at least 1997 in the original Age of Empires game. (I checked the release date since my last post.)
[QUOTE=Shoshana]
I have always been fond of ceiling cat.
[/QUOTE]
Ceiling cat is my favourite.