I'm Pitting This Week

I’m in a long distance relationship and it seems like I’m the one that does all the calling, etc. So yesterday I sent my boyfriend a text telling him this. I got no reply.

Today my Grandma got out of hospital. My Dad gave her a lift home so she could suprise my Grandad. They arrived at the house to find my Grandad dead on the sofa. He’s was an alcoholic, as is my Grandma, and from the empty bottles it looks like he drank himself to death. I am EXTREAMLY angry at him as well as upset and sad, and 100 other emotions.

I sent another text to my boyfriend saying “Fine! Ignore my message”. The bastard also ignored it. (Yes, I get the irony). I may call him to yell tomorrow. Yelling sounds like just what I need.

So yeah, this week blows.

Wow, you sound just like Mrs. Giraffe when I met her. She had a long distance boyfriend who she was always calling, who didn’t call or send a card when her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have surgery. It didn’t take long before he became long distance ex-boyfriend…

Seriously, don’t stay in a long distance relationship with someone who doesn’t want to work at it with you. If you’re doing all the work, something’s wrong.

I’m really sorry to hear about your grandfather. :frowning:

Thank you.

And as for my boyfriend, well I’ll just phone him tomorrow and see what happens from there.

That is awful news about your Granddad. I am truly sorry to hear it.
I found out this week that my 17 year old stepson stole some valuable items from me. Makes me wonder what he was thinking when he hugged me goodbye before going back to his dad’s house.
Yeah, I’ll agree, this week really sucks.

I’m sorry about your grandfather. Is your grandmother all right? Is anyone staying with her?

I had my cat (15.5 years old) put to sleep last Saturday, my boyfriend’s 19-year old son is back in the hospital again from poor reactions to chemotherapy, and I’m behind in all my classes.

First off, condolences on your loss.

As for the boyfriend thing, is it even remotely possible that maybe he forgot to take his cell with him? Maybe you’re condenming him before finding out the other half’s story. Although I’m leary of a long distance relationship anyway. Part of a healthy relationship is being able to share up to the moment, physically and emotionally. Distance obviously makes it difficult, at best, to have either form of connection.

Just a thought.

Run. Fast. I know exactly where you’re coming from. I ran up a £100 mobile phone bill because of my jerk. It does sound like he’s being a total idiot, who, quite frankly, couldn’t care less at the moment. Not what you need. I think you need to get out of this relationship, and fast. Calling him is probably a good idea, but if he doesn’t answer don’t call him again. Wait for him to call you back.

I’m really sorry to hear about your grandfather, you have my deepest deepest sympathies.

I’m sorry about your grandfather. Mine passed away about 2 years ago but we knew it was going to happen.

As for the boyfriend…

I’ll give you the advice I give everyone. Only you make yourself happy. Never depend on another for that. Now maybe there’s a reason he hasn’t replied to your E-mails, maybe he’s just being a jerk. But if the relationship isn’t making you happy, walk.

I don’t really think it has sunk in yet. At the moment she is staying at my auntys.
Thank you to everyone. You’ve all been really sweet.

And as for the boyfriend, I switched on my phone just now to find a message from him. It apologises and says he been “really busy or really drunk”. He promices to grovel for forgivness when he next sees me. :smiley:

I think I leave it a while before I reply… :smiley:

:frowning: So he GOT your message and all he has to say for himself is that he’s been really busy or really drunk?

You must be REALLY in love to be that :cool: blind hun.  Maybe I'm a hardass, but that excuse wouldn't cut the cheese.  Good luck with that.

And of course, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandad.  Can't be easy.

I’m no fool. I know what a lame excuse it is. I replyed to him that been busy and not reply to my messages for a few days is just about acceptable. However the fact that I’m doing all the work in this relationship isn’t. I told him I deserve better treatment.

Update -

Boyfriend sent a text asking it it was okay to call later that day when he got some credit. (He was texting from lycos). I told him no as I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him, but he could call me the next day. Which he did.

He apologised and said he’d call more often. He then asked what he could do to get me to forgive him. I said nothing I could think of. He suggested a shopping trip with HIS money. Why do guys try to solve their problems with their wallet? I told him I didn’t want his money. He’s asked if we could meet up on Wednesday. I said yes, if I’m not busy.

He has now sent me a long e-mail which includes links to some funny clips and sites to cheer me up. He can be sweet when he wants to be.