I'm PMSing...

When I have PMS I don’t get bitchy, I get HUNGRY! All I wanna do is eat. I eat until I get so full I can’t move, then 10 minutes later I feel like I haven’t eaten in months. I try to eat healthy stuff like raw veggies and fruit, just to take the edge off but that seems to make it worse. Thank goodness I walk a lot.

MaryAnn
Sometimes life is so great you just gotta muss up your hair and quack like a duck!

I never get PMS. I hear all these horror stories and they are utterly alien to me. Is anyone else here similarly unaffected?

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

tatertot, my love…

What year did you graduate from Frankfurt?

Yep, I went to HHS. Loved every minute of it - yes, there were some bitchy-ass girls at my school.

I like to think that I wasn’t one of them.

Where do you live in/around Heidelberg?

A gyros with extra sauce would definitely help my PMS. ::::droooooool::::

Canthearya, I graduated in 1992. My brother went to Heidelberg High and he graduated in 1997. When did you graduate/attend?

We live in MTV, it’s pretty nice for army housing they’ve been doing a lot of renovating lately.

This afternoon, I was on Campbell, while the high school kids were having lunch and I was so jealous! If you have to go through that gawky adolesent stage, it’s nice to get to do it in Germany.

And I’m sure you weren’t one of those Bitchy girls :slight_smile: Weren’t they the worst?

Hey, I wonder if they’d let me fed-ex ya some gyros? It’s worth a try. When I was in the States, what I missed most were the Pommes Frites. They just can’t make decent fries over there.

Back to the OP, I hope you are feeling better today!

Oh, and if you ever want to come back to Germany to visit, I’ve seen round-trip tickets for as low as $400 including tax. I’d love to get together for a beer and some gyros :slight_smile:

When I’m PMSing, I get moody and then I get really depressed. That makes me unproductive, so I get even more depressed. Sometimes I can jolly myself out of it; other times, I just have to ride it out.

For the last few months, I’ve been trying to take calcium supplements every day. There was an article in the New York Times about a year ago saying that this can help. I haven’t had any luck yet, although I keep forgetting to take the damn pills. Has anyone else tried this?

The Cat In The Hat

Yes.

Let every student of nature take this as a rule – that whatever his mind seizes and dwells upon with peculiar satisfaction is to be held in suspicion.

• Francis Bacon

I’ve found that taking a B-complex vitamin and vitamin B-6 during PMS week helps enormously. I should be a raving bitch today but I’m not. Yesterday, however, before I took the vitamins, I got so pissed at another driver during my commute that I actually stopped to turn around and flip him off. Stupid move and about 5 seconds later, I was horribly embarrassed that I had done that. Chocolate kicks PMS in the ass also.

Sorry, I forgot the little smiley face.

I was joking!

I paraphrased from a Dilbert cartoon: At a meeting, Alice excuses herself for being in a bad mood, because her “friend” is about to visit. Dilbert asks her why; she should be in a good mood if her friend was about to visit. I think Alice then proceeds to beat the crap out of Dilbert.

For me, minimize sugar and salt intake = no PMS.