I'm sad and I don't want to go home

So I’m done with all the work I had to do, and I’m sitting in this cafe surrounded by people I don’t know, and I can no longer deny to myself that I’m surfing the Dope because I don’t want to go home. As I wrote above, I’m sad.

I’m sad for a lot of reasons I don’t really want to go into. I don’t want to go home for a lot of reasons I don’t want to go into right now. I miss my wife and don’t want to be there without her, and she’ll be away for–well, I don’t really know how long. So I’ve frittered away my day. I surfed the Dope for half the day so I’d have an excuse to stay late and work. Except my employees, god love 'em, were covering for me, or maybe just being efficient. Anyway, they knocked themselves out, and I should be grateful. I am grateful. But I just don’t want to go home.

So here I sit at this fucking cafe on the fucking Dope. I snipe at kanicbird not that I really care what he or she says but because my temper is short.

Everything sucks.

This is news?

:slight_smile:

You know what you need, Skald? Access to puppies. Where’s the next puppy cam?

Alternatively, a stack of favorite movies and a big bowl of popcorn. Mmmm, popcorn.

Sorry for your troubles, Skald. Perhaps a change of scenery would help? Maybe you could get out of that cafe and go have a drink someplace soulful and understanding, like a Starbucks.

Or you could take a short vacation. Whichever.

I’m taking the day off, does that count? :dubious:

In what way is Starbucks soulful? Are you using some special meaning of the word?

It’s a start.

If irony counts as special, then yes, it was very special.

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. Home is supposed to be a refuge, and if that feeling’s not there, you’re like a person without a country. I hope Kim gets better.

StG

That sucks. :frowning:

Dunno if it’ll help or not, but reading your posts is improving my sucky day. Not necessarily this one, but you know what I mean. Thanks for wasting your time on the Dope if you’re having the kind of day that needs to waste time.

Take up a new project! Learn a new language, like Quenya.

Actually, when I get in such moods, I need to make myself useful. Donate blood, or help out at Goodwill, or a church soup kitchen. When I’m of service to others, I get off the pity pot.

Sorry for your bad mood.

I’ll jump into the next thread Kanicbird is in and give him a kick for you as well. It may not help but it can’t hurt and most likely won’t be wasted

Do something nice for when your wife comes back home. Clean up, or wash the floor, or plant something, or something like that. Make a scavenger hunt for her, with notes leading her from one place to another, and little surprises at each one, and a gift at the end. Leave her a trail of love letters.