I'm seeing ads again at the top of the page

Title says it all. Big banner between the Category Selector | New | Latest | Top and the first thread. I’m a charter member; those ads shouldn’t be there.

“Again”? Did they ever go away? I’ve been seeing them ever since the move to Discourse.

They did. I don’t recall seeing anything at the top of the page for a while, but this morning it was there with actual text from an advertiser, although luckily no pictures or videos. Now it just says Advertisement at the top of a big gap.

ETA: and the gap with the word Advertisement is also at the top of threads, not just at the top of the forum. There’s another at the bottom of the thread, too.

ETAAE: Damn, the advertising text is back, too.

(ETAAE = edited to add another edit)

I haven’t seen one yet. Should I feel deprived?

Naw, it’s gone again. Must have been some weirdness in the ether.

I just get empty boxes that say ADVERTISEMENT at the top and bottom of the page on my iPad.

I suppose I should mention, I’m on an Android phone using Chrome. I still see the banner ads at the top of the main SDMB page and each forum page. Nothing in individual threads though.

Windows 10 PC, Chrome browser, three adblockers (AdBlock Plus, Disconnect, and Privacy Badger).

This is what was on my page when I posted yesterday. It isn’t there anymore. (And here’s hoping this works, I’ve never used Google Photos.)

I’m logged in and am getting banner ads on the top of the menu page. I thought the entire point of being a paying member (and I have been since the option first became available) is that we would never see an ad again on this site?

New site, and they’re still working out the bugs. I was more letting TPTB know it had happened than anything else. The loss of @TubaDiva has put a real spanner in the works, although that is very far down the list of reasons we miss her.

Myself, I think we should get comped a few months’ membership after this is fixed to make up for having to see the ads.

Eh. There are always going to be glitches when you move to a new system. The SDMB is important enough to me that I’m not going to begrudge them a day or two of ads showing up. And it really was just a day or two.

What are you talking about? I’m still getting ads, today included. Right now, in this very thread.

This thread is the first one today that didn’t have an ad for me.

I’ve been reporting them for a few days now. “This ad is inappropriate.” I have no idea if it does any good. But I’m even getting Trump ads FFS.

Huh. I haven’t seen them since the day I reported them. Not even the big blank spaces.

That does suck.

Still seeing ads, and I think I am owed, so far, a two-month extension on my membership.

I’m only seeing ads on the main page; right now it’s for this clickbait crap.

Just saw this ad at the bottom of the “pissed off by Trump” thread:

Now it’s this:

Whoopee.

And now they’re at the bottom of the “clusterfuck” thread.

I paid for a subscription, so I don’t see ads. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: