I'm sooOOoo looking forward to summer 2007

Final Harry Potter book comes out.

Fifth Harry Potter movie comes out (OotP, very easily my favorite of the series.)

Spider-Man 3 comes out.

Rush Hour 3 comes out.

Disney/Pixar’s Ratatouille comes out (looks heaps better than CARS ever did.)

Transformers: The Movie debuts.

DC’s 52 maxi-series is completed (well, it ends in May, but still…)

Y - The Last Man wraps up 60 issue run.

This has got to be the least popular thread I’ve started in awhile.

Am I too forward thinking, or just alone in my sentiments?

Too forward thinking.

We’re in the middle of summer blockbuster season.

Superman just opened.

There’s still a shit load of exciting movies to be released over the course of the rest of the year, and you want to talk about 2007 releases?

I wouldn’t even know where to find the information you’re talking about.

I guess this must be a really off year for me. Cars, Over the Hedge, and the Da Vinci Code did nothing for me.

The only movies coming out this summer I’m interested in is Clerks II and How To Eat Fried Worms. But movies like* Pirates of the Caribbean II? Superman Returns? Snakes on A Plane?* I’m not feeling it.

Man, don’t wish your life away. It goes by quickly enough by itself.

Oh, I’m not wishing it were next summer right now. I’m just looking forward to those planned events when the time comes.

You like sequels too much.

Steven Soderberg has a movie coming out this year, screenplay by the guy who wrote *Quiz Show * and Donnie Brasco. And Soderbergh already got his artsy fartsy one out of the way with Bubble, so I’m expecting that to be pretty cool.

You and Me & Dupree has a lot of potential, as does Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

Lastly, I couldn’t be more psyched for Scorcese’s remake of Infernal Affairs, called The Departed.

That’s the nature of summer movies: franchises, sequels and remakes.

Too forward in thinking! I haven’t even really enjoyed this summer yet. And I am looking forward to Pirates…Jack Sparrow. Superman Returns? Not as excited, but sure. And Cars was cute.

Really? Is that official? I’ve only heard speculation to that effect.

It’s not official. But ever since I read this, I’ve thought, “Yeah, they won’t pass that up.”

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I heard. But I hate getting my hopes up based on stuff like that. It seems like all too often things don’t pan out.

Too bad, really. I’d like an actual date to look forward to.

Not on my list.

I certainly don’t shun those movies, but they’re not the big draw for me either.

I did see X3. But also, the The Break Up. And my short list right now includes Clean and Wordplay. And hopefully Edmond is playing around here – starring William H. Macy, and written by Mamet.

I’m dreading to be horribly disappointed by Transformers.

And any year with a new Pixar movie is a good year in my book. :slight_smile:

Bump. Or as the French say, “La bowmp.”

I’m sooOOOoo looking forward to the summer film schedule. This bears unnecessary repeating. I think this year’s crop of summer films look more interesting than this summer past.

Still dreading Transformers. The new trailer and the ass-tastic robot designs aren’t doing it for me. Not to mention the prominent “A Micheal Bay film” tag line. :eek:

Yeah, I’m not looking forward to the Bayonicles either.

Ignorance is bliss. I had no idea Michael Bay was involved until just now. My interest has just plummeted.

Also in summer 2007: The Simpsons Movie

There’s no likelihood of the last Harry Potter book (The Deathly Hollows) being out by mid year, even though the publishers are hoping, as Jo has not completed it yet, and no ETA has been revealed. Might be 12 months away, or even longer.